School Advisory Council (SAC)
The School Advisory Council (SAC) is the sole body responsible for final decision-making at the school relating to the implementation of ss.1001.42(18) and1008.345.U The SAC is composed of parents, teachers, community members, school administrators, non-instructional support staff, and other stakeholders who meet regularly to establish priorities, set annual objectives, and monitor action steps for school improvement.
School Improvement Plan (SIP)
A School Improvement Plan (SIP) containing specific objectives and action steps for achieving Florida's educational goals is required for all schools. The SAC has the primary responsibility for monitoring the implementation of the annual SIP. The SIP must be approved by the School Board.
Components of the School Improvement Plan:
- Early Warning Indicators
- School Report Card
- K-12 Comprehensive Reading Plan
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC)
- Response to Intervention (MTSS/RtI) Plan
- Social & Emotional Learning Plan (SEL)
- School-Wide Positive Behavior Plan (SPBP)
- Attendance Plan
- School Counseling Plan
- Equity Plan
- Best Practices in Inclusive Education (BPIE)
- SAC Documentation
- Cognia eProve Survey Results
- Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Plan
2021/22 Meetings and Agendas
Date Time Location Agenda MinutesSeptember 22, 2021 6:00 Auditorium September Agenda September MinutesOctober 27, 2021 6:00 Auditorium October Agenda October MinutesNovember 09, 2021 8:30 Auditorium November Agenda November MinutesDecember 15, 2021 6:00 Auditorium December Agenda December Minutes January 26, 2022 6:00 Auditorium January Agenda January MinutesFebruary 23, 2022 6:00 Auditorium February Agenda
Auditorium September Agenda September Minutes October
Auditorium October Agenda October Minues November
Auditorium November Agenda November Minutes December
Auditorium December Agenda December Minutes January
Auditorium January Agneda January Minutes February
Auditorium February Agenda February Minutes March 30, 2022
Auditorium March Agenda March Minutes April 27, 2022
Auditorium April Agenda April Minutes May 25. 2022
Auditorium May Agenda May Minutes
SAC Team Members
Policies and By-Laws
Deerfield Park Elementary School
SCHOOL ADVISORY FORUM (SAF) BYLAWS
ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of this forum shall be the Deerfield Park Elementary School School Advisory Forum (SAF). This Forum operates under Broward County School Board Policy 1.3: School Advisory Forum.
ARTICLE II: OBJECTIVES
Section 1: Mission Statement: The mission of the Deerfield Park Elementary School SAF is to foster and promote communication between its stakeholders, the school, and the Area Advisory Council. The SAF shall bring forth recommendations, concerns, and interests to and from their Area Advisory Council.
Section 2: Duties:
- All duties will be advisory in nature, none of which will conflict with any of the powers and duties reserved by law, policy or administrative guidelines to the
- Actively participate with the School Advisory Council in identifying the educational needs and priorities of the school.
- Actively participate with the principal in the preparation of the budget and reviewing the budget- related concerns after each FTE
- Indicate awareness of the program and plans for the school by the signature of the chairperson on the budget when it is submitted for district budget
- Assist in the identification and coordination of the use of community resources to improve student achievement and school
- Address parent/community concerns; work with the administration to solve problems and to initiate desirable change.
- Assist in increasing/sustaining high levels of community support for the
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing parent/community programs and training
- Participate in joint training opportunities with the School Advisory Council.
- In addition to individual School Advisory Forum meetings, hold semi-annual meetings jointly with the School Advisory
- The School Advisory Forum shall use guidelines developed by the district, develop and adopt procedural bylaws, conduct meetings in accordance with the Florida Sunshine Laws, and conduct meetings according to Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised.
- As an apolitical organization, officers and members are prohibited from using their titles and/or their positions to endorse or give the impression of endorsing candidates for public In addition, public monies and/or materials may not be used to endorse candidates or further their campaigns.
ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP
Section 1: Membership of the School Advisory Forum (SAF) shall be representative of the school community to include parents or guardians of the students enrolled in the school, students of the school, employees of the school, business partners of the school, community members and business people. Participation from all ethnic, religious, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds is welcome and encouraged.
Section 2: Voting Rights: Meetings are open to all but voting rights are granted only to members who are parents or guardians of the students who are enrolled in the school or matriculating to the school the following year, students of the school, employees of the school and business partners of the school. To vote at any meeting, members must sign in and show proof that they meet the above voting membership requirements, if requested.
ARTICLE IV: OFFICERS
Section 1: Officers. The officers shall be the Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, and Recording Secretary. They should be elected annually at the final meeting of the school year but no later than the first meeting of the next school year.
Section 2: Eligibility: The Chairperson and the Vice-chairperson shall be a parent or custodial guardian of a student who will be enrolled and attending the school during their term of service and shall not be employed by the School Board of Broward County at the school where they will serve.
Section 3: Term of Office: Elected Officers shall serve a period of one year or until their successors have been elected. They may be re-elected to that office for 2 consecutive terms.
Section 4: Election of Officers: Nominations shall be taken in accordance with Article V, Section 2. The election shall be by a written and signed ballot when there is more than one candidate for any office. The ballots will be counted by a member of School Administration, a member of the Nominating Committee and a voting member of the Advisory Forum who is not on the ballot.
Section 5: Chairperson Duties. The Chairperson shall have the following duties:
- Preside at all the Deerfield Park Elementary School SAF meetings;
- Sign all correspondence as well as, distribute all correspondence to the elected officers of the
Deerfield Park Elementary School SAF;
- Attend all Area Advisory Meetings
- Attend the School Advisory Council meetings as a voting member or appoint a permanent designee to attend the meetings;
- Act in a professional, prompt and organized manner at all times and,
- Represent the majority opinion of the Deerfield Park Elementary School SAF.
Section 6: Vice-Chairperson Duties. The Vice-Chairperson shall have the following duties:
- Assume all the duties of the Chairperson in the event that s/he becomes incapacitated, unavailable, or must step down;
- Assist the Chairperson in performing his/her duties;
- Act in a professional, prompt and organized manner at all
Section 7: Recording Secretary Duties. The Recording Secretary shall have the following duties:
- Ensure the recording of minutes at each Deerfield Park Elementary School
- Present the minutes at the next Deerfield Park Elementary School SAF meeting for
- Retain copies of all minutes of any (Deerfield Park Elementary School) SAF meetings and
- Transmit the approved Deerfield Park Elementary School SAF minutes to the Principal and to such other persons as the Forum may direct. Retain copies of all the Deerfield Park Elementary School SAF correspondences, chairperson’s reports, and meeting/committee reports
ARTICLE V: COMMITTEES
Section 1: The Chairperson will create such committees as may be required to promote the objectives of the Deerfield Park Elementary School) SAF. Once formed the committee members shall elect a Chairperson.
Section 2: Nominating Committee: The Chairperson will appoint a Nominating Committee at the general meeting no later than March. The Committee will consist of at least three members and always have an uneven number of members. At least one officer of the SAF shall serve on the Nominating Committee. The committee will elect a chairperson. The purpose of the Nominating Committee shall be to nominate one person to fill each elected position and to present this slate of officers at the general meeting where elections will take place. Additional nominations may be made from the floor when the elections are held. The Committee shall function according to Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised.
Section 3: Each Committee Chair shall have the duty to update the Deerfield Park Elementary School
SAF, as necessary, at the monthly general meeting.
ARTICLE VI: MEETINGS
Section 1: General Meetings: Deerfield Park Elementary School) SAF shall meet regularly with the time, date, and place of future meetings decided by the (name of school) SAF with the understanding that all meetings will be held in places that are easily accessible to the public. Notification of all regular meetings shall be included in the minutes and announced per Florida Sunshine State law.
The Deerfield Park Elementary School SAF shall meet at least twice a year with the Deerfield Park Elementary School School Advisory Council with the time, date, and place of meeting to be determined by mutual agreement of the SAC and SAF. Notification of all special meetings shall be included in the minutes and announced per Florida Sunshine State law.
Section 2: Special Meetings:
- A special meeting may be called when it is deemed necessary to conduct the business of the forum. The Chairperson or a majority vote of the membership may call special meetings. Notification of all special meetings shall be included in the minutes and announced per Florida Sunshine State law.
ARTICLE VII: AMENDMENTS
These bylaws of the Deerfield Park Elementary School SAF may be amended at any regular meeting by a two/thirds affirmative vote of those eligible voters in attendance, provided that the amendment has been submitted in writing at the previous meeting. Any amendment must conform to the Broward County School Board Policy for School Advisory Forums; Policy 1.3.
ARTICLE VIII: PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised shall govern the
Deerfield Park Elementary School Advisory Forum.