Before and After Care
Our mission is to provide students with an inclusive child care program that is safe and nurturing in a comfortable environment. A culturally enriching program that promotes the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of each child; and a program that meets the highest quality of child care standards.
Please contact the school for a list of providers. Each provider has its own fee schedule.
General Information: Prompt tuition payment and prompt pick up by 6:00 p.m.is the responsibility of the parents.
All County After Care responsibilities ends at 6:00 p.m. There will be a late fee of $5.00 for the first 15 minutes or a portion of there (per child). For each additional 15 minutes or a portion, there will be a late fee of $10.00 (per child). If your child is still there after 6:30 p.m. and we have not been able to reach anyone at home, work, or at the emergency numbers, the Broward Sheriff’s Office will be notified. The pickup time is established by the Broward County School Board and MUST be strictly followed.
- The third late pick-up will result in an administrative review and may be cause for dismissal from the program.
- Tuition is due on or before the date provided on the tuition sheet. School Board Policy requires that a child must be registered and required fees must be paid before he/she can attend the After Care Program.
- Failure to make payment on time will result in the dismissal of your child/children from the After Care Program.
- It operates only on days when school is in session. There will be NO After Care provided on days that students are not in school. This includes teacher workdays and holidays.
- After Care is open from dismissal time at 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. on school days. On “early release” days, after-care begins from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- The goal of our After Care Program is to serve the community by offering a high-quality after-school child care program of developmentally appropriate activities in a wholesome and safe environment.
- The program promotes the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development of each child. We encourage our students to become life-long learners and foster partnerships with parents, students, staff, and the community.
- Our After Care Program provides professional care, supervision, and recreational and educational activities. This program allows children to experience activities within an environment planned to complement the philosophy and value system of the school and family. We strive to provide individual attention, security, consistency, and fair treatment for children and working parents.
- The After-Care Program is staffed by employees of the School Board of Broward County. Many are on staff during regular school hours and work with your children during the regular school day. All staff members have been fingerprinted and cleared to work for the Broward County School system.
- We work together to help each child grow in maturity and self-respect and understanding for others are realized. We also understand that children need fun-filled activities as well as educational ones.
- As members of our program, children will be expected to respect the staff, each other, the school facilities, and the materials provided.
- In order to maintain a professional atmosphere and to foster proper respect for authority, we ask that the staff members be formally addressed as adults, i.e., Mr., Mrs., and Miss. The informal use of a staff member’s name by a student is inappropriate at any time.
- If/when items are broken or taken, the parents of the child at fault will be responsible for replacing them.
- Children must never leave their group without the permission of the counselor in charge. Children found “roaming” school grounds will be reprimanded appropriately.
- Improper behavior of children will result in a notice being sent home to the parent. Counselors will notify the After Care Office of a child’s inappropriate behavior by written referrals. The After Care director will fill out a conference form and discuss behavior and possible solutions with the parent. The parents will sign the conference form. If problems continue, the student may possibly be removed from the After Care Program.
- If you know in advance that your child/children will be absent from the After Care Program for any extended amount of time, please notify us in writing.
- If your child is marked “present” in the classroom, we expect him/her to attend the After Care Program unless advised by you via phone. - We take attendance every day by 2:15 p.m. to ensure that all children arrive in After Care safely.
- Much concern is expressed and valuable time is wasted by searching for a child who went home early with a parent or friend. If a child does not arrive in After Care by attendance time, we immediately check with the regular school office and then the classroom teacher for information as to the whereabouts of a child.
- At 2:00 p.m., the regular classroom teacher will dismiss the students. Those enrolled in After Care should proceed directly to their assigned meeting area. After Care Counselors will escort Kindergarten students to their meeting area.
- Authorized persons will come to the After Care Office located in the cafeteria to sign out the students. All persons signing out children need to show a picture I.D.
Only those persons listed on the registration form will be allowed to pick up your child from the After Care Program.
- With the safety and well-being of the children in mind, it is MOST important that parents fill out the emergency sheet and adhere to the guidelines. Parents are urged to provide us with current telephone numbers and a list of authorized persons in case of emergencies.
- Be sure to keep your contact numbers up to date. If we need to reach you, we need valid telephone numbers.
- One of the most important regulations of the After Care Program concerns children leaving the premises. Parents may not take their children home without notifying the After Care office and signing the child out.