You are your child’s first and most important teacher and your involvement is crucial to his/her success. Broward County Public Schools has the Parent Involvement Office which is available with information and resources to help you stay informed and get involved in your child's education.
Florida's Pledge of Parental Involvement
"I pledge to support my child’s education to the best of my ability. I will have high expectations for my child to succeed in school and in life. I will make my child’s education a priority, and model positive actions and attitudes. I will partner with my child’s school to ensure I am informed and involved in all aspects of my child’s education and will be an active advocate for my child’s education. I understand that education is the key to success, and will do everything I can to nurture my child’s ability to learn."
Thank you for making Broward County Public Schools your choice in education.
BCPS is committed to providing high-quality, rigorous learning opportunities for all students. Among the many options offered by BCPS:
- Magnet and innovative programs designed around specific themes
- Montessori programs
- Career and technical education programs allow students to earn industry certifications
- Advanced academics
- Opportunities to earn college credits while in high school
- Virtual education
- Award-winning music, arts, and athletic programs
Browse this section to find helpful information about our school.
Policy 5900: Anti-Bullying Parent Training
Broward County Public Schools recognizes that parents/legal guardians are an integral part of a school’s safe and respectful environment as well as their child’s success. Therefore, SBBC Policy 5900: Anti-Bullying mandates that parents be provided access to an annual training module that educates them on the application of Policy 5900, including how to report and intervene with suspected bullying, the bullying investigation process, as well as each student's right to appeal the investigation findings. For more information on the District's bullying prevention policy, go to www.BrowardSchools.com/Anti-Bullying.
PARENT TRAINING DIRECTIONS
Policy 5010: Dating Violence Prevention Parent Training
Broward County Public Schools recognizes that parents/legal guardians are an integral part of a school’s safe and respectful environment as well as their child’s success. Therefore, SBBC Policy 5010: Against Student Dating Violence or Abuse (Grades 6-12) mandates that parents be provided access to an annual training module that provides student dating violence prevention awareness, so they are better able to prevent, identify, respond, and report suspected dating violence. For more information on the District's dating violence prevention policy, go to www.BrowardSchools.com/DatingViolencePrevention.
PARENT TRAINING DIRECTIONS
- The parent training is the Dating Matters Understanding Teen Dating Violence Prevention 60-minute, interactive online training designed to help educators, youth-serving organizations, and parents understand the risk factors and warning signs associated with teen dating violence.
School Board policies 5900 and 5010 are applicable to any student, employee, Board member, District employee, agent, consultant, contractor, vendor, visitors, volunteer, or other person in the school or outside the school at school-sponsored events, on school buses, and at training facilities or training programs sponsored by the District. While on school grounds, these adults may be responsible for the welfare of pupils and are expected to know policy information and adhere to behavioral policy standards. Therefore, both policies mandate trainings be made available to these parties, so they are better able to prevent, identify, respond, and report suspected bullying or student dating violence.
DIRECTIONS: Agents, consultants, contractors, vendors, visitors, and volunteers within a BCPS site will click on the links below to find the directions and complete the trainings prior to working within a school.
- Policy 5900: Anti-Bullying (grades K-12 and District Departments): For directions and more information on the District's bullying prevention policy, go to www.BrowardSchools.com/Anti-Bullying.
- Policy 5010: Dating Violence Prevention (grades 6-12): For directions and more information on the District's dating violence prevention policy, go to www.BrowardSchools.com/DatingViolencePrevention.