If you love to read and help children, then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- to assist with the book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
Media Center Expectations
Be ready to explore, learn, and grow as students are introduced to current 21st Century media standards to build a foundation of lifelong learning. Students will use inside voices, work responsibly, respect all media/technology materials, and follow all media and technology expectations.
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time. Books may be checked out for one week and may be renewed two times.
- Two books may be checked out at a time for 2nd to 5th grade. K and 1st may check out one book at a time.
- Use whisper voices.
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest of maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.