Happy New School Year, Eagle Point Families!
We are ready for another amazing year at Eagle Point Elementary! I am happy to share some
school updates with you:
• Ms. Rosado retired this July and is now spending time with her grandchildren in Arizona. We wish her all the best as she begins this next chapter in her life.
• We are happy to welcome Ms. Mayte Garcia as our new Assistant Principal!!! Ms. Garcia will be working with students in PreK through 2nd grade.
• Ms. Daily will be working with students in 3rd through 5th grade.
• All visitors must enter the school by way of the Front Office and proceed through our
STAR check-in process. All visitors must have proper ID and wear a visitor pass while on
• Parents will not be permitted on campus during arrival or dismissal time unless you have
a conference with a teacher. You will be required to check-in at the front office.
• All staff and students must wear their ID’s while on campus.
• All Broward County Public Schools will conduct monthly Fire Drills and Code Red Drills.
• Parents will be permitted to walk students to class the first two days of school. Friday,
August 16th is Independence Day. Students will walk themselves to class. We will have
student safety patrols and support staff members available to assist students should they
not remember how to get to class.
Before School Care:
• We will have before school care beginning at 6:45AM for a monthly fee. Please register with Mr. Veasy, Afterschool Care Director.
Beginning of the School Year Tips/Reminders:
• School begins at 8:00AM promptly. Students are expected to be in their class when the
8:00AM bell rings.
• Students walking from North Lakes may enter from the same entrance as the bus riders.
Students arriving after 8:00AM must use the front of the school entrance.
• Please be extra patient with traffic the first two weeks of school. I promise, it does get
• There is very limited parking at our school. We highly encourage you to either walk, bike,
or use the car drop off line.
• Unless your child is enrolled in before school care, there is no student supervision prior
• Please complete all back to school forms at www.browardschools.com/bts
• Once you have completed the forms, please print and bring the confirmation page to your
child’s teacher at Meet & Greet.
• Free and Reduced lunch applications can be completed at www.applyforlunch.com
• Deposit money into your child’s lunch account at www.myschoolbucks.com
Wishing everyone a wonderful start to the 2019-2020 school year!
Christine de Zayas