CHES Media Center
The Mission of the Castle Hill School media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information; technologically proficient; and lifelong learners and readers. Resources currently available from all sources make it imperative that all students develop the necessary skills to locate and use materials and technology for both educational and personal needs.
- Develop independent library media center users
- Integrate information retrieval skills into the curriculum
- Provide opportunities for purposeful use of library resources coordinated with classroom instruction, learning and assignments
- Integrate technology into the learning process
- Support the curriculum and learning process by providing a collection that includes a wide variety of print, nonprint, and electronic resources
If you love to read and help children, then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- to assist with the book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Specialist. Before volunteering, you must complete the online application. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time. Books may be checked out for one week and may be renewed two times.
- Two books may be checked out at a time for 2nd to 5th grade. K and 1st may check out one book at a time.
- Use whisper voices.
Book Donation Policy
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest of maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.