Clubs and organizations are a great way to help develop character and the skills that will benefit you in school, your career, and in life. Skills like commitment, leadership, effective communication, and being able to work successfully in a group all come from participating in a club or organization. Joining a club is a great way to make friends, develop leadership skills, and boost your college resumé.
Clubs & Organizations
Cypress Bay High School has clubs and organizations for everyone. Our options range from co-curricular, service-oriented, interests and hobbies, to honor societies. However you chose to be involved, it's up to you. We encourage you to take advantage of your high school years by getting involved. If you do not see a club or organization that's right for you, use the new club application to create one. Get involved! Stay involved!
Interested in starting a new club? Read requirements and procedures carefully before starting the application process.
- Must be an original and unique idea (View the CB Club Guide)
- Cannot conflict with the focus or mission of any other club/organization on campus (e.g. medical causes conflict with HOSA, FMP; multi-cultural clubs conflict with PRIDE)
- Must have a teacher sponsor (teachers cannot sponsor more than 2 clubs on campus and must also attend all club meetings, events, activities, etc.)
- Must elect or appoint officers
- Must create club by-laws (View by-laws template)
- Must attend monthly IOC meetings
- Must submit IOC Monthly Club Reports
- Must adhere to all IOC Club Rules and Requirements (Review Club Rules)
- Founding officers must be in good academic standing (3.0 GPA or higher)
- Founding officers must be in good conduct standing (no disciplinary issues)
- Must participate in school-wide club activities (ex: Harvest Drive)
Procedures to Start a Club
- Verify club is original, unique, and does not conflict in any way with any other established club/organization on campus
- Find a teacher to sponsor your club
- Create Club by-laws/constitution (upload to the application)
- Complete a club application (link below) Application must be submitted no later than Friday, April 2nd (11:59 pm)
- We will reach out to the proposed club sponsor to verify their willingness to sponsor the club and their understanding of their sponsor duties
- Wait to hear from us. You will receive information about your club application status (via email)
Once submitted, applications will be reviewed. You will be notified via email once a decision has been made.
What if my club proposal is denied? Don't let your idea fade away...visit one of our current clubs and share your idea. Clubs are always looking for ways to expand.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.