The Broward County Middle School Athletic Association (MSAA) of Broward County Public Schools is committed to building leaders through sportsmanship, citizenship, and fair play. MSAA currently oversees 59 public and charter middle schools and 8 different sports. The MSAA sports are Soccer, Cross Country, Golf, Basketball, Track & Field Events, Flag Football, Volleyball, and Floorball.
All student-athletes must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA. Students who fall below this standard are ineligible to play.
Athletics at Driftwood Middle School
Athletics plays an important part in a child's life. Team sports and activities promote good physical health, social skills, and communication skills. When students learn to work together as a team, they build a foundation for good sportsmanship.
Learn More about Cardinal Athletics
Click each tab to learn more about Cardinal Athletics
Please contact Ben Joseph Athletic Director for any questions about Cardinal Athletics
Soccer - Fall
Girls - Coach Amatulli
Boys - Coach Gancitano
Cross Country - Fall
Ms. Bennett is the coach for boys and girls cross country.
If you're interested in Cross Country, see Ms. Bennett for more information.
Interest Meeting - Monday, August 29, 2022, 4:00-4:30 OR Tuesday, August 30, 2002, 8:45-9:15 in the Learning Center by the cafeteria.
Tryouts will be Tuesday, August 30, 2022 OR Wednesday, August 31, 2022 from 4:00-5:00.
Students must have permission form for interest meeting and tryouts, and be picked up on time by a parent.
Basketball - Fall
Boys - Coach Stubbs
Girls - Coach Johnson
If you're interested in basketball see one of the coaches for more information.
Cheerleading - Fall
Ms. Rivera is the coach for cheerleading.
If you're interested in cheerleading, join us for the interest meeting!
Volleyball - Fall
Boys - Coach Gancitano
Girls - Coach Stewart
Boys 1st cut volleyball tryouts will be held in the gym
Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 7:45am
You must have a parent permission form to participate.
See Ms. Gancitano in room 701
Flag Football - Spring
Girls - Coach Henry
Boys - Coach Darcy
If you're interested in flag football see one of the coaches for more information.
*NEW* You must also have a signed Covid Release Form
Floorball - Spring
Boys - Coach Birdsong
Girls - Coach Prescott
Girls and Boys Floorball try-outs are on Monday, May 1,
If you're interested in floorball, see one of the coaches for more information.
Track & Field
Track & Field - Spring
Boys Track - Coach Walters
Girls Track -
Boys & Girls Field - Coach Prescott
If you're interested in Field & Track, see one of the coaches for more information.
Covid 19 Game Procedures
In order to maintain appropriate social distance during the games, the following procedures will be in place:
- Only 50 tickets will be available online starting the Friday before home games. Tickets will not be available online the day of the games. Unsold online tickets will be available at the gate on game day. Each ticket costs $3.
- Once you purchase your online ticket, please do not redeem the ticket until you arrive at the ticket gate.
- Only parents/guardians will be allowed to attend the games.
- We have three sets of bleachers; one on the visitor’s side, and two on the home team’s side. Sitting areas on the bleachers will be clearly marked.
- Only 7 people will be allowed to sit in each set of bleachers.
- Brown folding chairs will be located on each side of the field for spectators. These chairs will be spaced six feet apart, and spectators are required to sit in the chairs.
- If you bring your own chair, please make sure you are sitting at least six feet from anyone else.
- Brown folding chairs will also be placed on the sidelines for the players, who are not on the playing field.