The Broward County Middle School Athletic Association (MSAA) of Broward County Public Schools is committed to building leaders through sportsmanship, citizenship, and fair play. MSAA currently oversees 59 public and charter middle schools and 8 different sports. The MSAA sports are Soccer, Cross Country, Golf, Basketball, Track & Field Events, Flag Football, Volleyball, and Floorball.
All student-athletes must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA. Students who fall below this standard are ineligible to play.
Athletics at Driftwood Middle School
Athletics plays an important part in a child's life. Team sports and activities promote good physical health, social skills, and communication skills. When students learn to work together as a team, they build a foundation for good sportsmanship.
Learn More about Cardinal Athletics
Click each tab to learn more about Cardinal Athletics
Please contact Ben Joseph Athletic Director for any questions about Cardinal Athletics
Soccer - Fall
Girls - Coach Amatulli
Boys - Coach Carlos
If you're interested in soccer see one of the coaches for more information.
Cross Country - Fall
Ms. Bennett is the coach for boys and girls cross country.
If you're interested in Cross Country see Ms. Bennett for more information.
Basketball - Fall
Boys - Coach Stubbs
Girls - Coach Johnson
If you're interested in basketball see one of the coaches for more information.
Cheerleading - Fall
Ms. Benjamin is the coach for cheerleading.
If you're interested in cheerleading see Coach Benjamin.
Volleyball - Fall
Boys - Coach Gancitano
Girls - Coach Stewart
If you're interested in volleyball see one of the coaches for more information.
Flag Football - Spring
Boys - Coach Darcy
Girls - Coach Henry and Coach Kornhauser
If you're interested in flag football see one of the coaches for more information.
*NEW* You must also have a signed Covid Release Form
Floorball - Spring
Boys - Coach Kornhauser and Coach Birdsong
Girls - Coach Prescott
If you're interested in floorball, see one of the coaches for more information.
Track & Field
Field & Track - Spring
Boys Track - Coach Walters
Girls Track - Coach Grasso
Boys & Girls Field - Coach Prescott
If you're interested in field and track see one of the coaches for more information.
Covid 19 Game Procedures
In order to maintain appropriate social distance during the games, the following procedures will be in place:
- Only 50 tickets will be available online starting the Friday before home games. Tickets will not be available online the day of the games. Unsold online tickets will be available at the gate on game day. Each ticket costs $3.
- Once you purchase your online ticket, please do not redeem the ticket until you arrive at the ticket gate.
- Only parents/guardians will be allowed to attend the games.
- We have three sets of bleachers; one on the visitor’s side, and two on the home team’s side. Sitting areas on the bleachers will be clearly marked.
- Only 7 people will be allowed to sit in each set of bleachers.
- Brown folding chairs will be located on each side of the field for spectators. These chairs will be spaced six feet apart, and spectators are required to sit in the chairs.
- If you bring your own chair, please make sure you are sitting at least six feet from anyone else.
- Brown folding chairs will also be placed on the sidelines for the players, who are not on the playing field.