QWE School Profile
School Improvement Plan (SIP)
A School Improvement Plan (SIP) containing specific objectives and action steps for achieving Florida's educational goals is required for all schools. The SAC has the primary responsibility for monitoring the implementation of the annual SIP. The SIP must be approved by the School Board.
Components of the School Improvement Plan:
- Early Warning Indicators
- School Report Card
- K-12 Comprehensive Reading Plan
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC)
- Response to Intervention (MTSS/RtI) Plan
- Social & Emotional Learning Plan (SEL)
- School-Wide Positive Behavior Plan (SPBP)
- Attendance Plan
- School Counseling Plan
- Equity Plan
- Best Practices in Inclusive Education (BPIE)
- SAC Documentation
- Cognia eProve Survey Results
- Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Plan
To create a positive teaching and learning environment that fosters self-motivated and lifelong learners.
Quiet Waters Elementary School’s students, staff, parents, and community will strive to ensure all students reach their maximum potential in a safe and nurturing learning environment.
- We believe the basic skills in reading, writing, and math are the foundation of education.
- We believe all members of the school community should respect themselves and others.
- We believe educational decisions need to be based on individual student needs.
- We believe parents, staff, students and the community are a team that shares the responsibility for each student’s achievement.
- We believe it is our responsibility to meet the challenges of change and keep abreast of current educational research and strategies.
- We believe a safe and nurturing environment is needed to promote learning.
- We believe in the importance of creating an environment, which accepts and respects the diversity of all individuals.We believe the curriculum support classes play an integral part of a well-balanced education.