STUDENT LAPTOP LOGIN PROCEDURE
FOR THE 2020/2021 SCHOOL YEAR,
THE PROCESS BELOW IS HOW STUDENTS WILL LOGIN TO LAPTOPS ISSUED AUGUST 2020
AND ON FOR BROWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS. LAPTOPS RECEIVED PRIOR WILL CONTINUE TO USE THE OLD LOGIN METHOD.
After receiving your school issued laptop and returning to your home, please proceed with the following steps:
1. Plug the power cord into the wall outlet utilizing the provided power cord.
2. Turn on the laptop.
3. Once the laptop is powered on and sitting at the date and time screen, press any key on the keyboard and you will see the blue BCPS logon message. Press OK to continue.
4. On the bottom right corner of the screen, click the CIRCLE GLOBE ICON to connect your home internet (Wi-Fi) connection.
5. Find the name of your home Wi-Fi connection, click on it, make sure to check the box for "CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY", and then press the Connect button.
6. In the text box for Email Address, please enter the student's 06# in the following format: 06XXXXXXX@my.browardschools.com
7. In the text box for Password, please enter the student's password and then press the enter key. The password format: Pmm/dd/yyyy, which is the student's date of birth with a capital P. For example: P03/04/2010.
8. The student's name will appear followed by several screens that will walk the user through the first-time setup process. During the initial setup please ensure the laptop is plugged in and left on. Please be patient as the initial setup ccan take up to 30 Minutes or more on the "Setting up your device for work" screen depending on your home internet connection.
Username – 10 digit student ID, Password = student birthdate mm/dd/yyyy
(be sure to include ‘/’; also password subject to change by the student).