What Is the PTSA?
The Lyons Creek Middle School Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) is a non-profit 501c3 association comprised of volunteers. Our mission is to make every child's potential a reality be engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. Our values are:
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
- Diversity: We are an organization that recognizes diversity values differences and similarities among people through its actions and accountability.
- Powerful voice for all children.
- Relevant resource for families and communities.
- Strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
- To serve as a forum where parents, teachers, administrators, and other concerned adults and students discuss ways to promote quality education, strive to expand the arts, encourage community involvement, and work for a healthy environment and safe neighborhoods.
- Regular updates on school activities and policies.
- Access to teachers and administrators at your child's school.
- Access to parents of other children at the school.
- A forum to discuss concerns and problems at school.
- If the problem needs attention from the state or national government, any local, district, or state PTA can bring the issue to the attention of the National PTA.
- Access to resources on parenting, education, and more from the National PTA.
- Appreciation from teachers for all your help.
- Education about school policies, state funding, and other issues concerning your school.
- Join the PTSA. This is the most important step!
- Attend Virtual PTSA General Meetings approximately 3 - 4 per year.
- Volunteer to support PTSA activities and projects when available.
- Have a say in how the PTSA supports the school, classrooms and facilities, and most importantly your children.