Returning students complete online School Forms at browardschools.com/bts
New Student Registration
School registration for new students is in person at our school. Registration is important and we want to make sure you have all the resources to make registration go as smoothly as possible. When you are ready to register your child, be sure to review the Student Registration Checklist and Requirements before you arrive. The checklist will provide information on the following:
- Proof of Residence
- School Records
- Medical Exams and Records
- Evidence of Age
While we welcome you to our school, we also want to ensure the safety and security of our students. Please be prepared to present valid photo identification upon entrance.
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS (K-12)
So you want to register your child in a Broward County Public School? No problem! Here is a checklist to help the registration process go as smoothly as possible. When you arrive at your child's school to register, please be prepared to present valid documentation for the following requirements. Presione aquí para la lista de verificacíon para el resistro.
Find the school(s) assigned to your home address using our Find My School feature.
You must provide your specific street address and your child's grade level, and the app will determine the correct school your child is supposed to attend.
Complete the following Broward County Public Schools enrollment forms:
- Student Registration Form:
- Emergency Contacts Form:
- Shared Housing Form:
- Student Housing Questionnaire Form:
Code of Conduct
English | Spanish | Haitian Creole | Portuguese (Translated documents coming soon!)
PROOF of RESIDENCE
Submit current proofs of residence from the table below, based upon your type of residence
If you OWN or RENT your residence:
- Submit one document from both Columns A and B
If you SHARE the housing of another person who owns/rents the home:
- Both the registering parent and owner/renter of the residence complete a notarized Affidavit of Shared Residence Form:
English | Spanish | Haitian/Creole | Portuguese; and,
- The owner/renter of the residence must submit one document from both Columns A and B; and,
- The registering parent must submit two documents from Column B.
If you answer “yes” to certain residency questions on the Student Registration Form you may qualify for the Homeless Education Resource Assistance Team (HEART) under the McKinney-Vento Act.
- The school will provide a referral to the district’s Homeless Education Liaison and, if qualified, the student will be eligible for immediate services.
- Students registered under the McKinney-Vento Act must re-enroll each school year.
All documents must be current, valid, and include the residential address used for enrollment.
Column A Column B
- Property tax bill
- Homestead exemption card
- Mortgage statement
- Home purchase contract
- Notarized lease agreement
- Utility bill (i.e., electric, water, waste)
- Telephone or cellular phone bill
- Verification of Tenancy letter from the homeowners or condominium association
- Declaration of Domicile Form from the County Records Department
- Florida drivers license
- Florida identification card
- Automobile registration
- Automobile insurance
- Credit card statement
- Two consecutive bank account statements
- U.S. Postal Service confirmation of address change request
PROOF of AGE
Submit one form of verification of the student’s age in the order set forth below:
Official Birth Certificate
- A duly attested transcript of the child’s birth record filed according to law with a public officer charged with the duty of recording births.
Certificate of Baptism
- A duly attested transcript of a certificate of baptism showing the date of birth and place of baptism of the child, accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parent.
- An insurance policy on the child’s life, which has been in force for at least two years.
- A bona fide contemporary religious record of the child’s birth accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parent.
- A passport or certificate of arrival in the U.S. showing the age of the child.
- NOTE: Under no circumstances shall staff request a passport, visa, or any other documentation to verify the immigration status of any student.
- A transcript of record of age shown in the child’s school record of at least four years prior to application, stating date of birth.
- An affidavit sworn to by the parent, accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a public health officer or by a licensed practicing physician, which states that the health officer or physician has examined the child and believes the age as stated in the affidavit is substantially correct.
PROOF of MEDICAL EXAM
Students enrolling in a Florida public school for the first time must submit evidence of a medical examination performed within the twelve months prior to the initial enrollment.
PROOF of IMMUNIZATION
Submit a Florida Certificate of Immunization Form (Form DH 680).
- Immunizations Your Child Needs For School Entry 2021-2022
- The Florida Department of Health annually publishes the required immunizations in a state publication titled, “Immunization Guidelines: Florida Schools, Child Care Facilities and Family Day Care Homes.”
- Students may attend school without a Florida Certificate of Immunization if they have a:
- Religious Exemption (Form DH 681)
- Temporary Exemption (Form DH 680, Part B)
- Medical Exemption (Form DH680, Part C)
- Temporary exemptions are also issued for the following situations:
- Students transferring interstate: A child who transfers into a Florida school from another state.
- Students transferring intrastate: A child who transfers into a new county to attend class.
- A homeless child: A homeless child, as defined in section 228.041, Florida Statutes.
- Juvenile justice: A child who enters the juvenile justice system.
- Military children: A military child as defined in 1000.36, Florida Statutes.
- Schools have the right to verify any information provided by the student and/or the student’s parent(s).
- A student whose parent(s) submit fraudulent information in an attempt to attend a school to which the student is not assigned shall be immediately withdrawn by the school and must be registered and enrolled in the appropriate boundaried school.
- Whoever knowingly makes a false statement in writing with intent to mislead a public servant in the performance of his or her official duty, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable by law (F.S. 837.06) or guilty of perjury by false written declaration, a felony of the third degree (F.S. 92.525).
Send an email to our school registrar: Ileana Nunez
Subject Line: students name - registration (example: Doe, John - Registration)
Body: In the body of the email please tell us the best phone number and times for reaching you. Make sure to let us know if you are registering for this year or pre-registering for the coming year.
Attachments: include the following-
- Registration Form. Refer to Step 2.
- Emergency Contact Form. Refer to Step 2.
- Student Housing Questionnaire. Refer to Step 2.
- Photo ID of registering parent: parent providing proof of address and signatures on registration forms
- The primary proof of address as defined by BCPS, in the registering parent's name. Refer to Step 3.
- Secondary proof of address as defined by BCPS. Refer to Step 3.
- Proof of Birth. Refer to Step 3.
- Shared Housing Form (if applicable). Refer to Step 2