If you love to read and help children, then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- to assist with the book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Specialist. Before volunteering, you must complete the online application. We look forward to hearing from you!
- The mission of the Country Hills school media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information; technologically proficient; and lifelong learners and readers. The wealth of resources currently available makes it imperative that all students develop the necessary information retrieval skills to locate and use materials and technology for both learning needs and personal pursuits.
- Our collection has over 23,000 books and 600+ eBooks. To access our collection, log into your child's SSO at https://sso.browardschools.com.
Accessing Our Media Resources
- All students have access to textbooks and our media resources through Single Sign On. Information regarding Single Sign On can be found at http://sso.browardschools.com.
- Once in Single Sign On, students can click on "Canvas". Once in Canvas, you can click on the icon of a file folder labeled "Resources" (on the bottom left). On the menu that pops up, you will see "Library Media Resources".
- Click on it and scroll down to see a variety of options your child has for research and support such as Destiny Britannica, Gale Online Databases (Kids Info Bits), TeachingBooks, Tumblebooks, and Find a Book. The table includes the log-in and password information for each site as well.
Ms. Caryn Cuadra