Clubs and organizations are a great way to help develop character and the skills that will benefit you in school, your career, and in life. Skills like commitment, leadership, effective communication, and being able to work successfully in a group all come from participating in a club or organization. Joining a club is a great way to make friends, develop leadership skills, and boost your college resumé.
Meeting Time: Practice will be from 3:30 to 4:30 in the mini-gym. The games are typically done at approximately 5:00 pm.
We will have 10 games and 10 practices. If you miss a practice, you will not perform at a game. I understand things happen, but two tardies will result in you losing your cheerleading privilege.
- The away games may take a little longer. You have the option of being picked up at the away site or upon returning to Pines.
- You must be picked up on time, every time. The gates will be closed by 6:00 PM, so parents must be there before then.
Future Florida Educators of America [FFEA]
Sponsor: Ms. MaloneEligibility: Open to 6, 7, & 8th grade studentsPurpose:
- This is a service club.
- To bring about closer cooperation between the faculty and the student body through volunteerism.
- To provide opportunities to delve into a career in the teaching profession.
Sponsor: Mr. Sinclair
Meeting Time: Every Tuesday and Thursday from 3.45 PM until 5.00 PM
The Illustrators Club of Pines Middle School is a recreational after-school activity club. The activities range from free drawing to guided video practice of specific subject content. There is an independent study of many art forms of painting, calligraphy, and computer-based drawing.
Students must be picked up at 5 PM after the club ends.
All students are welcome to join!
Sponsor: Simony Pereira
The purpose of our Literacy Corner is to promote literacy and a sense of belonging amongst our students. It also provides an opportunity for students to engage in meaningful dialogue with their peers, express their opinions, and learn to respond to differing opinions with respect.
National Junior Honor Society (N.J.H.S.)
Sponsor: Mrs. DeCiccoEligibility: Open to 7 & 8th grade studentsPurpose:
- This is an academic club.
- The purpose of the organization shall be to create an enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to encourage a concern for character development.
Do you like Minecraft? You can play and build for FREE as a part of this club. All students (at-home or in-school eLearning) are welcome to join the virtual SECME Club! SECME is a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) based club where students use technology to build different projects using engineering design principles.
SECME Submission Spotlight: Global Challenge Build Video
Student Government Association (S.G.A.)
Sponsor: Ms. DeCiccoEligibility: Open to 6, 7, & 8th grade studentsPurpose:
- This is a leadership club
- To provide leadership opportunities and to represent the student body of Pines Middle School.
- To establish standards of leadership, citizenship, school spirit, and honor based on school pride.
Sponsor: Mrs. Santana
Eligibility: Open to 6, 7, & 8th grade studentsPurpose:
- To create the school’s Yearbook
- To provide lasting memories for the students and teachers of Pines Middle