Dress Code FAQ
Indian Ridge Middle School has a unified dress code that is mandatory and enforced. Studies have shown that a unified dress code policy will promote safety, improve discipline, and enhance the learning environment. Visitors on campus will be evident, students will not compete with designer clothes, and the focus will be on academic achievement. Provisions will be made for students who, by reason of financial hardship, cannot comply with the policy. Students must come dressed in their uniform on their first day.
Our Unified Dress Code Consists of the following:
COLORS: White, teal, or black
COLORS: Khaki, black, navy, or gray
- Collared Polo Shirts
- Logo Shirts can be purchased from Planet T Uniforms
- Non-IRMS hoodies or sweatshirts may not be worn to cover uniform shirt
- Trouser style pants, shorts, capris, or skorts
- Secure and worn at waist
- No jeans permitted
- No stretch pants or shorts permitted
- Writing on uniforms is prohibited.
- No sweatbands allowed.
- PE shirts or shorts are not to be worn in place of uniforms.
- Spirit shirts are permitted on Fridays only.
- No sandals, slippers, slides, or flip flops. Close-toed shoes must be worn at all times.
After registering the student, you can purchase the logo polo shirts from PlanetT (planettkids.net or 954-538-0066) in Pembroke Pines, FL.
Please review Unified School Dress Policy 5309 @ http://www.broward.k12.fl.us/sbbcpolicies/docs/P5309.000.pdf