About McFatter Tech
William T. McFatter Technical High School's magnet program offers an integrated curriculum, state-of-the-art technology,
project-based learning, alternative assessment, digitized portfolios, technical exhibition, college-type block scheduling, industry involvement and distance learning. As a whole school magnet, we are committed to providing an education for ALL students that allows them the opportunity to achieve three primary goals:
- Acceptance to a Four-Year University
- Post-Secondary education articulation
- Certification in a high wage, high demand technical area
The faculty and staff of William T. McFatter Technical High School are dedicated to integrating rigorous academic study with cutting-edge technical training.
In order to achieve these goals, every student is required to take a college preparatory curriculum of 24 credits, predetermined by the state of Florida, and an eight credit course of study in a technical field selected by the student. McFatter requires the same 24 credits for all students. The eight technical credits are studied in the junior and senior years. Students are dual-enrolled for post-secondary credit in the technical courses.
- Accredited/approved by the Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE)
- Accredited/approved by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools AdvancED (SACS-CASI)
- Designated Florida's Model High School by the International Center for Leadership in Education
- Rated an A School by The State of Florida!
- Designated the only Broward New Millennium High School by Florida's Department of Education - One of Only 20 in the State!
- State and National Certifications in More Than 20 Technical Programs
- Full member Coalition of Essential Schools
- Blue Ribbon School of Excellence since 2009
In order to be considered to McFatter Technical High School, students must apply through the BCPS School Choice website at www.browardschools.com/school choice. Students must meet entrance requirements as set by school board policy and be chosen through the random selection process. Applications cannot be accepted directly at McFatter for admission.