The School Improvement Plan (SIP) is a set of goals, objectives and action steps, that drives our educational activities relating to school improvement and education accountability. Parents, teachers, and administrators all have a role in developing these goals. Each plan shall address issues relative to budget, training, instructional materials, technology, staffing, student support services, specific school safety and discipline strategies, and other matters of resource allocation, as determined by district school board policy, and shall be based on an analysis of student achievement and other school performance data. School Improvement Plan
About McFatter Tech
William T. McFatter Technical High School's magnet program offers an integrated curriculum, state-of-the-art technology,
project-based learning, alternative assessment, digitized portfolios, technical exhibition, college-type block scheduling, industry involvement and distance learning. As a whole school magnet, we are committed to providing an education for ALL students that allows them the opportunity to achieve three primary goals:
- Acceptance to a Four-Year University
- Post-Secondary education articulation
- Certification in a high wage, high demand technical area
The faculty and staff of William T. McFatter Technical High School are dedicated to integrating rigorous academic study with cutting-edge technical training.
In order to achieve these goals, every student is required to take a college preparatory curriculum of 24 credits, predetermined by the state of Florida, and an eight credit course of study in a technical field selected by the student. McFatter requires the same 24 credits for all students. The eight technical credits are studied in the junior and senior years. Students are dual-enrolled for post-secondary credit in the technical courses.
- Accredited/approved by the Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE)
- Accredited/approved by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools AdvancED (SACS-CASI)
- Designated Florida's Model High School by the International Center for Leadership in Education
- Rated an A School by The State of Florida!
- Designated the only Broward New Millennium High School by Florida's Department of Education - One of Only 20 in the State!
- State and National Certifications in More Than 20 Technical Programs
- Full member Coalition of Essential Schools
- Blue Ribbon School of Excellence since 2009