For All Members of the Classes of 2021, 2022, and 2023
Hello, Members of the Classes of 2021, 2022, and 2023!
We hope you’re doing great here at the end of this very unusual school year. It’s disappointing to all of us that we’re ending the year without an opportunity for all of you to say your “in-person” farewells for the summer, and we so look forward to when we’ll be able to see all of you, together, again. We don't yet know what school will "look like" in August, but we'll keep you posted as soon as the district makes the determination about how we're going to start the 2020-2021 school year.
We know that your teachers have been keeping you informed about grades and expectations to finish up your classes, but we also wanted to bring you up-to-date on a few year-ending pieces of information.
- Unfortunately, yearbooks have been delayed from the publisher, since the printing facility had to temporarily stop production due to the pandemic. As soon as we receive word that they are on their way, we’ll notify you about how to get your book.
- If you have a school-issued laptop, please keep the laptop for the summer unless you will not be returning to McFatter in August.
- If you are not returning to McFatter in August - but we do hope you are, because we want to see all of you back again - please be sure you've reached out to your guidance counselor for anything you may need to do before withdrawing.
- If you have belongings on campus that you need to pick up, if you’ve been waiting for a refund for a canceled field trip or other canceled activity, or if you have textbooks or other school property (besides the laptop) that you need to return to school, we’ve established a schedule for you for next week.Enter through the west gate, and you’ll be directed from there.
- Class of 2023… Our “rising Sophomores” 😊 – Monday, June 1st
- Class of 2022… Our “rising Juniors” 😊 – Tuesday, June 2nd
- Class of 2021… Our “rising Seniors” 😊 – Wednesday, June 3rd
- Each day, please try to follow this schedule to help us manage the number of people on campus:
- 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: Last names A through J
- 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Last names K through T
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Last names U through Z
- We know that you may not all be able to get to campus next week, so just know that later in the summer, we’ll announce additional dates for those who are unable to make it to campus on these days
We hope to see you next week!
McFatter Technical College and
McFatter Technical High School
Virtual Office Hours, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to Noon
Email me at any time – with fastest responses during
Virtual Office Hours
Thursday, June 2, 2020
School Board Chair Donna Korn reminds us that distance learning offers a variety of fun and educational activities that are at your fingertips from the safety of your home.
Thursday, July 2, 2020
Please complete a short questionnaire by Monday, July 6 so the District knows what options you prefer for your children when school opens in the fall.
BCPS Awarded More Than $9 Million in State and Federal Grants Related to School Safety, Security and Resiliency
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) has been awarded state and federal grants with a combined total of more than $9 million.