William Dandy Middle School 2019-2020 Title I School Parent and Family
What is the Purpose of Title I Funding?
According to the U.S. Department of Education the purpose of Title I funding, “is to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high quality education and reach, at minimum, proficiency on challenging state academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.”
The basic principles of Title I state that schools with large concentrations of low-income students will receive supplemental funds to assist in meeting student’s educational goals. Low-income students are determined by the number of students enrolled in the free and reduced lunch program. For an entire school to qualify for Title I funds, at least 40% of students must enroll in the free and reduced lunch program.
MEETING DATES FOR THE TITLE I PARENT TRAINING ACADEMY PARTICIPANTS
Title I Parent Training Academy workshops are designed to instruct parents on effective methods that can assist their child(ren) learning. Parents will learn best practices and/or instructional strategies used in the classroom to promote student achievement, parenting skills, financial literacy, health and wellness and personal growth.
The goals of the Title I Parent Training Academy are to:
- Explain the Title I Program.
- Improve parenting and literacy skills.
- Model instructional strategies that can be used at home to help students with reading/writing, math and science.
MONITOR YOUR CHILD'S PROGRESS
- Pinnacle - Pinnacle allows parents to view their student's grades and attendance.
- Virtual Counselor - Virtual Counselor provides parents, students and District personnel access to attendance, grades, test scores, and other pertinent information needed to help students achieve.