HS Graduation Requirements
The Alternative High School program offers students the opportunity to earn a standard high school diploma through performance-based learning. The following requirements must be met.
24 Credits - Standard Diploma
3 credits (1 credit must be Algebra or its equivalence)
Total Credits for Graduation
Additional Graduation Requirements
- All students must pass SSS FCAT 10 Reading and SSS FCAT 10 Math tests.
- As of 2005-2006, all incoming 9th graders must pass the SSS FCAT 11 Science test.
- As of 2007-2008, all incoming 9th graders must pass FCAT Writing.
- The service hour requirements for the graduating class of 2021 have been waived.
- Students must have a minimum 2.0 Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale.
Standard Diploma for Select Students
- A three-year, 18 credit standard college preparatory program, or
- A three-year, 18 credit career preparatory program
Note: The above information is subject to change by the School Board of Broward County and/or the State of Florida Department of Education. Students will be notified of such changes via announcements and the school newsletters. Close and continuous communication with school personnel is imperative.