The J. D. Butler and Alice Butler Scholarship Foundation was created in 1976 through the generosity of Alice W. Butler in memory of their children Evelyn Butler, Reba Butler, and J.D. Butler, Jr. It was Mrs. Butler’s expressed wish to assist students who graduated from Deerfield Beach High School and who do not have sufficient financial resources required to pay the cost and expenses of continuing their education. The Center for Scholarship Administration, Inc. (C.S.A.), an independent, non-profit scholarship administration service, is administering this Fund for Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Trustee.
The online application deadline is extended to Thursday, APRIL 15, 2021 at 2:30pm. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Required Documents Attached for Bulter Application:
• W-9 Form
Seniors should check their B.R.A.C.E. remind for updates.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS
To apply for this scholarship the applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
• Must be a graduate of Deerfield Beach High School, Deerfield Beach, FL.
• Must enroll full-time (12 credits) each semester.
• Must maintain a grade point average of 2.0 for applicants who are currently Deerfield seniors and 2.5 g.p.a. for applicants who are already in college or have already attended college.
The following factors determine the scholarship award amount:
• Academic g.p.a.
• Financial need
• Participation in activities
• Type of University attending (2yr, 4yr, Vocational, etc.)
Certain persons may not be eligible to apply for this scholarship. Read the following paragraphs carefully to determine your eligibility.
In order to avoid potential conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof and in order to avoid certain forms of self-dealing described in Section 4941 of the Internal Revenue Code, the following persons shall not be eligible to apply for or receive any scholarship offered by the J. D. Butler and Alice W. Butler Memorial Foundation Scholarship.
• Any member of the J. D. Butler and Alice W. Butler Memorial Foundation Scholarship Committee.
• The spouse of any Butler Scholarship Committee Member.
• The descendants of any Butler Scholarship Committee Member.
• The children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of any Butler Scholarship Committee.
• The spouse of a child, grandchild or great-grandchild of any Butler Scholarship Committee.
Further, employees of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Trustee, or C.S.A. and their spouses, descendants, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and the spouses of their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren shall not be eligible to apply for or receive any scholarship offered by the J. D. Butler and Alice W. Butler Memorial Foundation Scholarship.