If you love to read and help children, then volunteering in the Media Center is a a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- Shelve books
- Prepare materials
- Assist with the book fair
- Assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Clerk. Before volunteering, you must complete the on-line application . We look forward to hearing from you!
Book Donation Policy
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds.
All donations of materials are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the Media Clerk in the interest of maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection:
- The offered items are within the scope of the library's collection and their use falls within the stated library/media center mission
- The Media Center has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item's condition is acceptable.
- The Media Center has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an approprated elementary school academic level.
Thank You for Supporting our Library/Media Center!