Clubs and organizations are a great way to help develop character and the skills that will benefit you in school, your career, and in life. Skills like commitment, leadership, effective communication, and being able to work successfully in a group all come from participating in a club or organization. Joining a club is a great way to make friends, develop leadership skills, and boost your college resumé.
Titans Marching Band
The Nova Middle School Jazz Band under the direction of Mr. Diron Holloway had the honor of performing at All County Music Store for Jazz Day 2018 in Tamarac, FL on Saturday, November 17, 2018. This is the first time Nova has performed at All County Music in the store’s 40 year history and definitely will not be the last. Nova MS was 1 of 6 middle school bands invited to perform. Congratulations to the students for a job well done.
To see more of our previous performances, please click here.
- Club Sponsor: Mrs. Olivera
- First Priority club promotes the importance of living in a relationship with God, provides an opportunity to integrate beliefs into daily living as a guide to increase self-esteem and a moral foundation for a lifestyle consistent to that outlined in the Bible, and serves as a resource to help students enhance their spiritual lives, to grow in their faith and for them to develop into dynamic leaders on campus and the community.
- View First Priority Club Flyer
- Club Sponsors - Mrs. Stone and Ms. Hack
- Student Council provides the Nova Middle School community with opportunities to share their time, gifts, and talents in service to Nova Middle School, provide special events that promote school spirit, and provide activities and support a school environment that promotes high academic standards. Most importantly, Student Council provides the opportunity to work together with fellow Student Council members, fellow students, faculty, staff, and administration to make Nova Middle School the best that it can be. Some activities Student Council puts together are:
• 8th Grade Dance
• Teacher Appreciation Week
- Club Sponsor - Dr. Smith
- This group will focus on settling conflict and differences in a nonviolent manner. We will plan and organize Peace Activities for student enrichment.
- Click here for the Choose Peace Interest Form
Nova Engineering Club
- Club Sponsor: Mrs. Herring
- Nova Engineering Club provides a forum for students to explore STEM fields through hands-on activities and participation in STEM challenges and/or competitions.
National Junior Honor Society (N.J.H.S.)
- Sponsor- Mrs. Kristin Murphy
- The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) elevates a school’s and student's commitment to the values of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship.
Start with Hello
- Club Sponsor - Dr. Smith
- We will meet on TEAMS once per month to plan activities and events for all students. This group focuses on empowering student leaders. These club members will learn how to influence other students across campus to think positively about others.
- Click here for the Start With Hello Interest Form
Future Florida Educators of America [FFEA]
- Club Advisor: Ms. Hall, Community Liaison
- Meeting Information: Bi-Weekly on Thursdays from 8:55 AM - 9:25 AM *students will receive list of dates/meeting times after initial interest meeting*
- Location (VIRTUAL/F2F): Virtual Zoom/MS Teams Chat *to ensure student privacy parents and students will receive link via private Canvas course* Any Face-to-Face meetings will be discussed and approved by parents and club members if applicable.
- Advisor Contact Info: 754-323-3705
The Nova Middle School Chapter of Florida Future Educators of America provides a forum for students considering a career in education. It also provides an avenue for members to stay informed of the latest issues and advancements in the education profession.
The NMS chapter encourages members to explore traditional and unique careers in education. These careers include teachers, coaches, principals and other teaching professionals. These professionals may include artists, musicians, writers, and anyone who uses their talents to educate others.
The chapter plans and coordinates school and community projects with Student Council, JHS and PASL allowing active members to earn service hours.
Membership: Students in grades 6-8 are invited to join. Active members are those who have and maintain a 2.5 Cumulative GPA and demonstrate satisfactory conduct.
Nova Middle School FFEA Goals:
- Nurture students’ interest in teaching as a career.
- Provide scholarship and community service opportunities to active members.
- Provide members with knowledge and experiences that develop qualities and skills to achieve a successful career in education.
- Offer pre-teaching experiences that are both exploratory and developmental in nature.
- Provide information on professional career and internship opportunities in education and the special competencies required.
Titans Step Team
- Sponsor: Dr. J.A. Smith
- A Step Team is a team that performs a unique dance art form that originated in Africa. Stepping is a form of percussive dance in which the participants' entire body is used as an instrument to produce complex rhythms and sounds through a mixture of footsteps, spoken works, and hand claps. Students in Nova Titans Step Team learn various percussive step movements which will be performed at a variety of events throughout the school and county.