C. Robert Markham Elementary School
1501 NW 15th Avenue
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
School Newsletter:Read our School Newsletter here:
Monday-Friday from 7:15am – 8:10am
- BREAKFAST: Kindergarten – 5th Grade: 7:15 am – 7:55 am **NO EXCEPTIONS**
- BREAKFAST: HeadStart – VPK: 7:55 am – 8:10 am
- Breakfast cost: $1.20 daily
- Lunch cost: $2.00 daily
- Ice Cream – Wednesday & Friday $0.65
- Pre-Kindergarten and VPK: 7:50am – 1:50pm
- VPK Migrant, Kindergarten, and 1st-5th grades: 7:50am – 2:20pm
Early dismissal cut-off time:
- Pre-Kindergarten: 12:25pm
- Kindergarten through 5th grade: 2:00pm
Please send a note or come to the school with your picture ID to make any contact or dismissal changes for no verbal changes will be accepted. Please make sure your child is in school uniform every day.
Absent students must be called in to the office before 12 noon, within 48 hours of the absence, or the parent can send in a written note to excuse the student’s absence. Please be aware of the following tardy accumulations:
- Students are considered “Tardy” after 7:50 am for All grades.
- Tardy minutes totaling 360 minutes = one full unexcused day.
- 5 unexcused days = a letter from the State that shows the student’s attendance is being monitored.
- 10 unexcused days = a conference with District and School representatives to investigate truancy.
Free & Reduced Meal Applications
- Food & Nutrition Services Department: (754) 321-0250
- Incoming Kindergarten, VPK, and New students to Broward County schools are considered “Full Price”.
- A new free & reduced lunch application must be submitted every school year. Applications do not carry over.
- Applications for Free or Reduced meals are processed within 10 days.
- Apply for free & reduced meals
- WHEN: You can apply AFTER JULY 21st.
- WHERE: Apply online at: https://www.myschoolapps.com/.
- Please apply soon after July 21st. It is recommended that applications for free/reduced lunch are submitted before August 24th (the first day of school) and with enough time for processing (at least 10 days). Students that are not approved by the start of the school year must pay “Full Price” for meals.
- WHEN: You can apply AFTER JULY 21st.
- Students must live more than 2 miles from the school to qualify for bus passes. Transportation requests take a minimum of 48 hours (2 days) for approval.
- Bus passes are usually sent to the student’s home address 1 – 2 weeks before school starts.
- If the student has not received a bus pass, the parent or guardian MUST drop off and pick up the student until a bus pass has been given.
- Parents may contact the Transportation Department at: (754) 321-4000
- Bus passes must first be used in the morning, and then in the afternoon so that the driver is notified of the new student.
- All changes for bus passes must be verified through proof of the student’s correct address submitted to the school ‘s office.
YMCA After School Care Program – Office: (954) 623-5555, Fax: (954) 623-5556
- Main Office: 900 SE 3rd Avenue, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Service during school year is on-site at Markham (from 2:10 pm to 6:00 pm).
- Parents may apply in person to the YMCA on-site Supervisor after school dismissal during the school year.
- YMCA requires a 1040 document with the student’s name on it, and a $27.00 fee in the form of a check or money order only.
School Volunteers / Chaperones
- A new volunteer application must be submitted every school year. Applications do not carry over.
- Become an approved volunteer by completing the application yearly at: http://www.getinvolvedineducation.com/parents
- Carlyn School Uniforms: 1415 Banks Road, Margate, FL 33063 Phone: (954) 973-3130
- Uniform tops: White, Hunter Green, or Orange Polo Shirts.
- Uniform bottoms: Hunter Green or Khaki pants, shorts, skorts, skirts, or jumpers.
- No flip flops or sandals allowed. Closed shoes only.
First Day Student Packets
- All students will receive a first day packet of information, which must be completed by the parent/guardian. Please make sure you review, understand, and complete ALL forms and return to your child’s teacher immediately.
- Please make sure to complete the sections for “Media Release” in your child’s First Day packet.
- It is extremely important for parents/guardians to provide updated contact information immediately upon changes. Important school messages are delivered via ParentLink (SBBC’s automated phone system).
- Changes in student information, or for dismissal purposes, must be done by the Parent/Guardian via a written note or by reporting in person to the front office (A PHOTO ID MUST BE PRESENTED).
- ABSOLUTELY NO VERBAL CHANGES FOR DISMISSAL, NOR STUDENT INFORMATION IS TAKEN OR GIVEN OVER THE PHONE.