MSD Media Center
Summer Reading #MSDreads
We are building a community of readers and we want you to choose a book to read from FTR - Florida Teens Read list, ALACelebrating Diversity book list, and MSD Favorites list.
Click here for FTR booklist
Click here for American Library Association Celebrating Diversity List
Click here for MSD favorites - a list of books students and teachers at MSD are building
Click here to join The Canvas course - MSD Virtual Media Center to find the MSD Summer Reading One-Pager Activity for all grades.
Email Mrs. Haneski - email@example.com if you have questions
The NEW list is here!
FTR - Florida Teens Read books list of 15 titles you will want to read.
Click here to see the Winner of the 2019/2020 list
Click here to download the book annotations from the NEW FTR list for the 2020/2021 school year.
We encourage MSD students to read for pleasure and recommend choosing a title from the FTR - Florida Teens Read list.
Don't forget to visit your local public libraries online. Parkland and Coral Springs.
Media Specialist: Diana Haneski
Media Clerk: Mrs. Monti
MSD Media Center is a welcoming, spacious hub of technology and information for MSD High School, dedicated to serving staff, students, and community through our vast array of resources.
We are open from 7:15am - 2:45pm
Media Center Information
- Computers, tablets and student work tables available for use before school, during lunches and with a pass
- Currently enrolled Stoneman Douglas students can access online ebooks and databases 24/7
- Students can checkout books, e-books and magazines using their 10 digit ID
- Print service is available at 15¢ per page (30¢ for color copies)
- Scan to a personal jump drive
- Guidance Counselors helping students
Media Center Rules
- Students must have a signed teacher pass, no pass needed during both lunches
- Beverages and food are not permitted (water bottles are ok)
- No talking on cell phones
- Bring an open mind
- Check out the books
- Respect each other and our resources
Students visit our media center with a purpose and a pass during the school day. Before school and during lunch hours, no pass is needed. Students are finding books, researching, reading, writing, and are using our print services. We ask that students are respectful knowing that their peers are getting their work done in an atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
Reading Motivation Initiatives - JUST READ IT!
- FTR - Florida Teens Read - see above
- Past FTR Books - click here to get a list of popular books from previous years.
- RAB - Reading Across Broward - write down the books you read this year - read different genres
Find an ebook and read it on any device now
Use your browser or search for the Follett app in the App Store
Click Here for BCPS Destiny Home Page
log in: 10 digit student number
Click on Destiny discover To find an ebook.
Volunteers are welcome!
- Shelve books
- Organize materials
- Assist with inventory
- General library maintenance
If you are interested in volunteering in our Library Media Center, please contact Diana Haneski by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Before volunteering, you must complete the on-line application at browardschools.com/getinvolved.
READ read READ
We encourage Marjory Stoneman Douglas students to read for pleasure and direct students to the Florida Teens Read books. These books are promoted all year and fun activities are planned around them throughout the year. Thanks to SAC funds we have purchased multiple copies including ebooks for check out. Find the book on Destiny online, there may even be an ebook you can read on your phone.