Hello Eagle Family,
It is truly my honor to serve this amazing community as your Principal.
A tradition of success and excellence defines Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. We will continue to work together to support our students, staff, parents, and community members in a safe and secure learning environment for all. We will ensure that a high level of rigor and expectations is inherent in all our programs and activities, inside and outside of the classroom. It is our mission to continually challenge our students to be the best they can be and to provide a multitude of resources and opportunities to help them reach their goals, develop into confident leaders, and succeed as productive members of society.
An amazing culture exists here, and I am so very proud to be surrounded by such an amazing group of students, parents, staff, and community members.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I can be of assistance to you. I look forward to a wonderful school year and to seeing you soon!
Educational Background, Experience, and Acolades
- B.S. in Biology from FSU
- M.S. in Science Education from FIU
- M.Ed. In Educational Leadership from FAU
- 6 years teaching Biology at Stoneman Douglas HS
- 6 years as an AP at Western HS and Boyd Anderson HS
- 8 years as Principal of Flanagan HS
- 4 years as Principal of Stoneman Douglas HS
- 2019: State of Florida Principal of the Year
- 2018: Broward County Principal of the Year
- 2017-18: Florida School Counselor Association Administrator/Advocate of the Year
- 2017-18: Broward School Counselor Association Administrator/Advocate of the Year
- 2015-16: Florida Association of Student Councils Principal of the Year