Dear Parents and Guardians of Gifted Students;
The program, on the Parkway Middle School of the Arts campus, is centrally located in Lauderhill, Florida. Siar to a magnet program, the gifted cluster offers transportation that is not available for other innovative programs. The Gifted Academy provides specialized instruction for gifted students who require a differentiated program to meet their special needs.
The classes are gifted-only in core content areas; electives are available in Performing Arts, STEM and foreign language for middle school students. Elementary students participate in specialized language and robotics classes. The Gifted Academy educational environment values and enhances the gifted student’s ability, passion, creativity, and task commitment.
Key aspects of Gifted Academy are:
• Gifted-only classes offer intellectual peer groups not always possible in traditional schools
• A model school for differentiated instruction
• Acceleration in reading and math based on ability
• Unique opportunities in an award-winning performing and visual arts program for students in grades 6-8
• District-wide transportation
• Experienced gifted endorsed teachers with continuous staff development support from experts in gifted education
• Expert steering and consultative support from leading authorities in gifted education
• Opportunities to participate in the STEM classes based upon availability in grades 6 through 8
• Specially designed electives for elementary students
• Mock trial and speech and debate for middle school students
• District and state competitions across the curriculum
• Enhanced research and performance opportunities
Contact Ms. Mallis at 754-322-4064 if you have any questions or want to schedule a tour.