Dillard 6-12 Athletics
Athletics plays an important part in a child's life. Team sports and activities promote good physical health, social skills, and communication skills. When students learn to work together as a team, they build a foundation for good sportsmanship.
Broward County Athletic Association (BCAA)
Broward County Athletic Association (BCAA) is the largest high school athletic conference in Broward County and the second-largest in the state of Florida. The BCAA is a unit of the School Board of Broward County overseeing 24 sports programs at member high schools. The BCAA is comprised of 29 public schools, two private schools, and two charter schools for a total of 33 schools under the BCAA umbrella.
The BCAA recognizes the importance and value of education. The term “student-athlete” recognizes the importance of being a student first, with athletic endeavors second. All student-athletes must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA. Students who fall below this standard are ineligible to play.
The BCAA gives special recognition annually to scholar-athletes. Each and every year the BCAA conducts two scholar-athlete banquets. Seven students from each BCAA school are recognized and provided a keepsake gift. In addition, the BCAA distributes over $100,000 in scholarship dollars to scholar-athletes. The names and schools of the scholar-athletes are listed on the website for the entire school year. These athletes are role models who demonstrate a commitment to excellence in the classroom and field or court of play.
Covid 19 Game Procedures
In order to maintain appropriate social distance during the games, the following procedures will be in place:
- Only 50 tickets will be available online starting the Friday before home games. Tickets will not be available online the day of the games. Unsold online tickets will be available at the gate on game day. Each ticket costs $3.
- Once you purchase your online ticket, please do not redeem the ticket until you arrive at the ticket gate.
- Only parents/guardians will be allowed to attend the games.
- We have three sets of bleachers; one on the visitor’s side, and two on the home team’s side. Sitting areas on the bleachers will be clearly marked.
- Only 7 people will be allowed to sit in each set of bleachers.
- Brown folding chairs will be located on each side of the field for spectators. These chairs will be spaced six feet apart, and spectators are required to sit in the chairs.
- If you bring your own chair, please make sure you are sitting at least six feet from anyone else.
- Brown folding chairs will also be placed on the sidelines for the players, who are not on the playing field.