Deerfield Beach Middle School Profile
School Improvement Plan (SIP)
A School Improvement Plan (SIP) containing specific objectives and action steps for achieving Florida's educational goals is required for all schools. The SAC has the primary responsibility for monitoring the implementation of the annual SIP. The SIP must be approved by the School Board.
Components of the School Improvement Plan:
- Early Warning Indicators
- School Report Card
- K-12 Comprehensive Reading Plan
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC)
- Response to Intervention (MTSS/RtI) Plan
- Social & Emotional Learning Plan (SEL)
- School-Wide Positive Behavior Plan (SPBP)
- Attendance Plan
- School Counseling Plan
- Equity Plan
- Best Practices in Inclusive Education (BPIE)
- SAC Documentation
- Cognia eProve Survey Results
- Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Plan
Deerfield Beach Middle School is an inclusive International Baccalaureate school that meets the needs of each student.
Deerfield Beach Middle School aims to develop balanced, global thinkers who respect diversity to create a better tomorrow.
Our Faculty and Staff believe that high expectations must be maintained through a system of accountability for all students and staff. We believe in cultivating a relationship between students, teachers, administrators, parents, and the community by fostering open and direct communication and establishing trust and collaboration. We understand that all students must be taught to collaborate, think critically, apply knowledge, solve problems, communicate effectively, and use technology as a tool for learning. Teachers will continuously monitor students’ progress through formative assessments while basing all instructional decisions on student data.
At Deerfield Beach Middle School, all students:
- Can learn and are capable of high achievement
- Should learn in an organized and safe environment
- Learn best in an environment that is engaging and students are actively involved in the learning process
- Should be equipped with 21st Century skills to achieve success in college and career
- Can be innovative thinkers and responsible citizens
- Should be respected and treated fairly and celebrated for their success
- Should receive high-quality instruction; therefore, teachers participate in professional development that directly impacts student achievement