DEERFIELD BEACH MIDDLE IS AN INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE WORLD SCHOOL.
Deerfield Beach Middle School is an inclusive International Baccalaureate school that meets the needs of each student.
Deerfield Beach Middle School aims to develop balanced, global thinkers who respect diversity to create a better tomorrow.
- We believe all students can learn, and are capable of high achievement.
- We believe all students should learn in an organized and safe environment.
- We believe all students learn best in an environment that is engaging and students are actively involved in the learning process.
- We believe all students should be equipped with 21st Century skills to achieve success in college and career; therefore, all students must be taught to collaborate, think critically, apply knowledge, problem solve, communicate effectively and use technology as a tool for learning.
- We believe in preparing our students to be innovative thinkers and responsible citizens.
- We believe that all students should be respected and treated fairly, and celebrated for their success.
- We believe all students should receive high-quality instruction; therefore, teachers participate in professional development that directly impacts student achievement.
- We believe that instructional decisions should be based on student data; therefore, teachers will continuously monitor students’ progress through formative assessments.
- We believe that high expectations must be maintained through a system of accountability for all students and staff.
- We believe in cultivating a relationship between students, teachers, administrators, parents and community by fostering open and direct communication and establishing trust and collaboration.
Deerfield Beach Middle School (SIP) School Improvement Plan