The Deerfield Beach Literacy Team’s objective is to challenge students to become the best they can be. We strive to individualize instruction, through differentiated instruction, in order to maximize our students’ learning potential. We nurture our students’ academic growth with academic rigor and research-based teaching and learning strategies.
Deerfield Beach Middle School’s Literacy Team strives to:
- Provide a safe and comfortable learning environment for success as well as failure, while promoting physical and mental well-being.
- Develop life-long learners.
- Offer opportunities to develop moral and ethical citizens and leaders.
- Encourage students to be responsible for their own actions.
- Engender creative self-expression.
- Encourage independent and critical thinking.
- Teach respect and understanding of individual differences.
- Encourage clear and articulate communication in spoken and written form.
- Have students understand the interdisciplinary nature of knowledge.
- Promote proficiency in technology as a tool for learning.