As of: August 10, 2021
Fall Sports Competitions Get Ready to Begin!
BCPS Announces Safety Protocols for Spectators
Starting the week of August 23, 2021, Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) and
Broward County Athletic Association’s (BCAA) high school fall sports competitions will
Due to COVID-19, the following protocols are in place for spectators at BCPS athletic
• Spectators with valid tickets will be allowed to park at the venue and will be
expected to follow guidelines for entrance and seating.
• Admission to athletic events will generally stop mid-way through the event. For
example, admission to football games will not be permitted after the start of the
• Spectators must have an appropriate face covering for all indoor and outdoor
events to enter.
• Some athletic events will be held at non-District owned venues. Spectators must
follow guidelines established by each individual facility. Event spectators must
have proof of a ticket for the event.
• Spectators are asked to self-screen at home and not report to any venue while
sick or exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms.
• All spectators will undergo a security check before redeeming tickets.
• Spectators are asked to follow and maintain physical distancing guidelines and
avoid congregating in groups during athletic events.
For questions regarding individual school sports or venues, contact your child’s coach
or school administration. Additional information on high school fall sports is available at
BCPS and the BCAA look forward to a great fall sports season!