Safety Protocols for Spectators
Spectator Protocols for Sports
The following protocols are in place for spectators at BCPS athletic events:
• Spectators with valid tickets will be allowed to park at the venue and will be expected to follow guidelines for entrance and seating.
• Admission to athletic events will generally stop mid-way through the event. For example, admission to football games will not be permitted after the start of the fourth quarter.
• Spectators are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering for all indoor events.
• Some athletic events will be held at non-District owned venues. Spectators must follow guidelines established by each individual facility. Event spectators must have proof of a ticket for the event.
• Spectators are asked to self-screen at home and not report to any venue while sick or exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms.
• All spectators will undergo a security check before redeeming tickets.
• No bags are permitted into BCPS Athletic venues, with the exception of diaper bags, which will be searched prior to admittance.
• Spectators are asked to follow and maintain physical distancing guidelines and avoid congregating in groups during athletic events.
For questions regarding individual school sports or venues, contact your child’s coach or school administration. Additional information on high school sports is available at browardschools.com/athletics.
BCPS and the BCAA look forward to a successful sports season!
As of: November 10, 2021