The Broward County Middle School Athletic Association (MSAA) of Broward County Public Schools is committed to building leaders through sportsmanship, citizenship, and fair play. MSAA currently oversees 59 public and charter middle schools and 8 different sports. The MSAA sports are Soccer, Cross Country, Golf, Basketball, Track & Field Events, Flag Football, Volleyball, and Floorball.
All student-athletes must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA. Students who fall below this standard are ineligible to play.
Athletics at McNicol MS
Athletics plays an important part in a child's life. Team sports and activities promote good physical health, social skills, and communication skills. When students learn to work together as a team, they build a foundation for good sportsmanship.
Athletics at McNicol Magnet MS
Click each tab to learn more about Athletics at McNicol Middle Magnet MS
Tryout and Practice Information
Important: Students are not allowed to try out for any sport unless the Parental Permission & Insurance Form and COVID Release form are turned in to Ms. Poitier in room 257. Students can pick up forms for any sport in Room 257 or in the cafeteria during lunch.
**All practices will be held from 2:55 pm-4:30 pm, with all athletes reporting to the media center directly after school for study hall.
Please see important dates below and stay tuned for more information (be sure to check our Athletics bulletin board located upstairs in the main hallway and pay attention to our daily morning announcements):
- Boys and Girls Basketball Interest Meeting: Monday, September 20, 2021, from 2:15 pm-4:30 pm
- Cheerleading Tryouts: September 14-16 from 2:30 pm-4:30 pm
- Boys and Girls Basketball Tryouts: October
- Boys and Girls Floorball Tryouts: November
- Boys and Girls Volleyball Tryouts: November
- Boys and Girls Flag Football Tryouts: January
- Boys and Girls Track & Field Tryouts: April 11, 12, 13 from 3:00-4:15
Parents, if you are picking your child up, please arrive at school on time. There will be no Activity Bus to transport students after practice.
Covid 19 Game Procedures
In order to maintain appropriate social distance during the games, the following procedures will be in place:
- Only 50 tickets will be available online starting the Friday before home games. Tickets will not be available online the day of the games. Unsold online tickets will be available at the gate on game day. Each ticket costs $3.
- Once you purchase your online ticket, please do not redeem the ticket until you arrive at the ticket gate.
- Only parents/guardians will be allowed to attend the games.
- We have three sets of bleachers; one on the visitor’s side, and two on the home team’s side. Sitting areas on the bleachers will be clearly marked.
- Only 7 people will be allowed to sit in each set of bleachers.
- Brown folding chairs will be located on each side of the field for spectators. These chairs will be spaced six feet apart, and spectators are required to sit in the chairs.
- If you bring your own chair, please make sure you are sitting at least six feet from anyone else.
- Brown folding chairs will also be placed on the sidelines for the players, who are not on the playing field.
Girls Soccer Coach: Coach Perdomo
Boys Soccer Coach: Coach Simpson
Season: September - October
Girls' Basketball Coach: Coach J. Gordon
Boys' Basketball Coach: Coach Fudge
Season: October - December
Girls Volleyball Coach: Coach Gannon
Boys Volleyball Coach: Coach Delorme
Season: November - January
Girls Flag Football Coach: Coach Wilson
Boys Flag Football Coach: Coach L. GordonAll practices will be from 2:55 pm - 4:15 pm
Season: January - March
Girls Track Coach: Coach Simpson
Boys Track Coach: Coach M. Smith
Cheerleading Coach: Coach Lassegue
Season: October - December
Girls Floorball Coach: Coach Gannon
Boys Floorball Coach: Coach J. McLeod