Midterm exams will take place December 15th - December 18th. Students may access the Microsoft Forms link to the Exam Exemption Form here for the Fall 2020 midterm semester exams. The deadline to submit the form online is Monday, December 7, 2020, by 3:00 pm. **No Exceptions**
Exam Exemption Form A/B Block High School.
Per School Board Policy 6000.1, a student who has earned a grade of a "B" or better in all marking periods in a high school course during the semester of the exemption may be exempt from up to 3 exams from the midterm and/or final exams a semester. AP, IB, AICE, and Dual Enrollment exams cannot be exempted. The statewide, standardized EOC assessments, required by statute, are not eligible for exemption; however, the student may exempt the midterm exam. Midterm and/or final exams cannot be retroactively exempted once the student takes the exam. All exam exemptions require the student and parent signatures.
STUDENTS: Please choose your exam exemptions wisely. If you have chosen to exempt an exam, but your current quarter grade falls below a “B”, it is your responsibility to then study for and be present for the exam. You would no longer be able to exempt the exam. It is the responsibility of the student to:
1) Obtain Teacher, Parent, and Student e-signatures on the Exam Exemption Form.
2) Turn in the Exam Exemption Form by the date requested by your school.
3) Verify with each teacher that you are still approved to exempt his/her exam and that your grade for the current quarter has not fallen below a “B”. Reminder, if your grade does fall below a “B”, you must take the exam.
4) Only ONE Exam Exemption Form can be turned in.
Click on the links below for a brief guide on how to complete and submit the midterm exemption form via Canvas.
PARENTS: Before signing the waiver, please read the following:
Exempting an exam is a reward for satisfactory or better academic progress. It is widely recognized that students can benefit from the study skills practiced when preparing for semester exams like those used in post-secondary schools. Students who choose to exempt their exams may forgo the opportunity to improve their semester grades by taking their exams and earning higher grades. Even when eligible, students have the option not to use the exam exemption.
• The student is responsible for the return of this form as required by administration.
• No exam exemptions will be granted without the required form being completed, e-signed, and turned in on or before the deadline, Monday, December 7, 2020, by 3:00 pm.
• Students are reminded that they can only exempt a maximum of one-half of their exams per semester.
• Students should be aware that if their grade falls below a “B” prior to the midterm or final exam, they would be required to take the exam for that course.
• Failure to abide by this policy will result in the student having to take the exams for all classes.
Exam Exemption Grades
• If your 1st and 2nd Quarter grades are "A" and "A" then your exam grade would be an "A" with an exemption.
• If your 1st and 2nd Quarter grades are "A" and "B+" then your exam grade would be a "B+" with an exemption.
• If your 1st and 2nd Quarter grades are "A" and "B" then your exam grade would be a "B+" with an exemption.
• If your 1st and 2nd Quarter grades are "B+" and "B+" then your exam grade would be a "B+" with an exemption.
• If your 1st and 2nd Quarter grades are "B+" and "B" then your exam grade would be a "B" with an exemption.
• If your 1st and 2nd Quarter grades are "B" and "B" then your exam grade would be a "B" with an exemption.