Magnet Programs Information
Magnet Programs Overview
The Broward County Public School district is a nationally recognized leader in the quality and diversity of education we offer students. Magnet programs offer educational choices in Broward County Public Schools. While similar courses and programs may be available in comprehensive schools, Magnet programs attract students by offering unique opportunities for in-depth experiences and study in specific areas of interest. Each Magnet program emphasizes a specialized theme. Our goal is to create educational interests, celebrate cultural and ethnic diversity, and foster student achievement.
- Expand educational choices for students
- Promote diversity within our schools
- Set high expectations for all students to improve student achievement
- Prepare students for further education and the world of work
- Develop positive school climates with academic emphasis
- Provide real-life and hands-on experiences
- Offer mentorship and internship opportunities
Explore all of our Broward Schools' Magnet Programs
Magnet Program Eligibility
Magnet Programs are open to qualified students throughout the state of Florida. All students entering grades K-12 may apply. Students must be five years old by September 1st to enter kindergarten. All students will demonstrate good conduct. At the secondary level, academic/talent entrance criteria have been established for admission to each Magnet Program as a means of promoting student success. Learn more about the academic requirements for middle and high school students.
The School Board of Broward County is committed to providing settings for education that promote understanding of diversity, tolerance and fair play, so that the positive tenets of a democratic society are reinforced by what students experience in schools. In the Broward County Public Schools, diversity is broadly defined to include students of different genders, of different racial and ethnic backgrounds, of various socioeconomic circumstances, those who speak English as a second language, and those who have exceptional and special needs.
- Before completing a magnet application, you will need to ensure that your child has a student identification number with Broward County Public Schools. You may secure the identification number from your child's home boundary school or any public school in Broward County.
- Incomplete applications will NOT be processed. Only one application per student will be accepted. Applications received or postmarked after the close of the application window will be processed at a later date pending space availability.
- Students applying to kindergarten must be five years old by September 1st.
- All Middle School and High School applicants must submit a copy of their most recent report card when completing their applications through the School Choice Web Page for more information.