COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
- Find the school(s) assigned to your home address using our Find My School feature.
Complete the following Broward County Public Schools enrollment forms.
- Student Registration Form:
- Emergency Contacts Form:
- Student Housing Questionnaire Form:
- Code of Conduct Signature Forms
PROOF OF RESIDENCE
Submit current proofs of residence from the table below, based upon your type of residence
If you OWN or RENT your residence:
- Submit one document from both Columns A and B
If you SHARE the housing of another person who owns/rents the home:
- Both the registering parent and owner/renter of the residence complete a notarized Affidavit of Shared Residence Form:
English | Spanish | Haitian/Creole | Portuguese; and,
- The owner/renter of the residence must submit one document from both Columns A and B; and,
- The registering parent must submit two documents from Column B.
- The school will provide a referral to the district’s Homeless Education Liaison and, if qualified, the student will be eligible for immediate services.
- Students registered under the McKinney-Vento Act must re-enroll each school year.
All documents must be current, valid, and include the residential address used for enrollment.
PROOF OF AGE
Submit one form of verification of the student’s age in the order set forth below:
- Official Birth Certificate
- A duly attested transcript of the child’s birth record filed according to law with a public officer charged with the duty of recording births.
- Certificate of Baptism
- A duly attested transcript of a certificate of baptism showing the date of birth and place of baptism of the child, accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parent.
- Insurance Policy
- An insurance policy on the child’s life, which has been in force for at least two years.
- Religious Record
- A bona fide contemporary religious record of the child’s birth accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parent.
- A passport or certificate of arrival in the U.S. showing the age of the child.
- NOTE: Under no circumstances shall staff request a passport, visa, or any other documentation to verify the immigration status of any student.
- A transcript of record of age shown in the child’s school record of at least four years prior to application, stating date of birth.
- Sworn Affidavit
- An affidavit sworn to by the parent, accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a public health officer or by a licensed practicing physician, which states that the health officer or physician has examined the child and believes the age as stated in the affidavit is substantially correct.
PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAM
Students enrolling in a Florida public school for the first time must submit evidence of a medical examination performed within the twelve months prior to the initial enrollment.
PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION
Submit a Florida Certificate of Immunization Form (Form DH 680).
- The Florida Department of Health annually publishes the required immunizations in a state publication titled, “Immunization Guidelines: Florida Schools, Child Care Facilities and Family Day Care Homes.”
- Students may attend school without a Florida Certificate of Immunization if they have a:
- Religious Exemption (Form DH 681)
- Temporary Exemption (Form DH 680, Part B)
- Medical Exemption (Form DH680, Part C)
- Temporary exemptions are also issued for the following situations:
- Students transferring interstate: A child who transfers into a Florida school from another state.
- Students transferring intrastate: A child who transfers into a new county to attend class.
- A homeless child: A homeless child, as defined in section 228.041, Florida Statutes.
- Juvenile justice: A child who enters the juvenile justice system.
- Military children: A military child as defined in 1000.36, Florida Statutes.
- Submit the most recent report card and/or transcript needed for appropriate grade level placement; or,
- Complete a Release of Information Form and your school will request the appropriate educational records from all previous educational programs. English Spanish Haitian Creole Portuguese
- Schools have the right to verify any information provided by the student and/or the student’s parent(s).
- A student whose parent(s) submit fraudulent information in an attempt to attend a school to which the student is not assigned shall be immediately withdrawn by the school and must be registered and enrolled in the appropriate boundaried school.
- Whoever knowingly makes a false statement in writing with intent to mislead a public servant in the performance of his or her official duty, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable by law (F.S. 837.06) or guilty of perjury by false written declaration, a felony of the third degree (F.S. 92.525).
SELECT YOUR COURSESThe course selection cards for the upcoming school year are now available. Please make sure that you...
9-11th grade students, if you are interested in Summer Dual Enrollment and meet the criteria, please visit our Gator-Aide CANVAS page, or website, or see your School Counselor for more information.COURSE SELECTION CARDS
- Completely fill out your course selection sheet (see below) prior to your registration date.
- Signatures must be obtained by your current teacher(s), parent and student, so please make sure to have conversations with your teachers and parents regarding your selections. If you do not have a signature by your teacher, you may not be placed in the course of your choice.
- If you are interested in an Innovative Program and meet the criteria, you must also apply on our website.
- If you are absent, the School Counselor may choose your courses for you.
- Please view the Gator-Aide CANVAS page for more details.