School Advisory Forum (SAF)
The School Board policy requires that each school has a School Advisory Forum (SAF) composed of parents, teachers, community members, school administrators, non-instructional support staff, and other stakeholders. The SAF provides an opportunity for stakeholders to discuss and recommend actions on a variety of school issues.
2022/23 School Advisory Forum Monthly Meetings
Welcome to Nova High School’s
School Advisory Forum
Meet your SAF Chair & Vice Chair
Hollie Kwak and Rose Relyea
Contact them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings will be held on the following dates and begin immediately following the SAC meetings in Nova High Media Center.
What is SAF?
The School Advisory Forum facilitates discussions between parents, students, teachers, administrators, and community members on issues that impact the educational process affecting an individual school. Each school, by school board policy, has a SAF. Everyone in the school community is a member of the School Advisory Forum. There are no membership dues! SAF is open to all members of the school & community, together we will:
- Plan, develop, and implement parent/community programs and training activities.
- Address parent/community concerns; work with administration to solve problems and initiate desired changes.
- Identify and coordinates the use of community resources to improve student achievement and school effectiveness.
- Participate in increasing/sustaining high levels of community support for the school.
- Assist SAC in identifying the educational needs and priorities of the school.
- Participate in the preparation of the budget, and review budget related concerns.
- Advocated for positive change in the school.
- Remain current with school, district, state, and national issues.
- Jointly works with School Board Members, Superintendent, and local Government officials.
- Facilities, Safety, Legislative, ESE, ESOL, Boundaries, Curriculum, Dress code, and Transportation are all issues addressed by SAF. (excerpted from the Broward County Public Parent Involvement website)
Policies and By-Laws
ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of this forum shall be the School Advisory Forum (SAF). This
Forum operates under Broward County School Board Policy 1.3: School Advisory Forum.
ARTICLE II: OBJECTIVES
Section 1: Mission Statement: The mission of the SAF is to foster and promote
communication between its stakeholders, the school, and the Area Advisory Council. The SAF shall bring
forth recommendations, concerns, and interests to and from their Area Advisory Council.
Read entire SAF By-Laws
SAF Team Members