Broward County Public Schools Office of Communications and Legislative Affairs provides leadership in marketing, communications, legislative and governmental affairs.
Marketing and Communications
Develops, implements and communicates the District’s mission, vision and priorities to families, employees, community members and stakeholders. In addition, the Marketing and Communications team is committed to providing accurate information about our District and schools through a variety of communication channels.
Among the Marketing and Communications Responsibilities:
- Implementing strategic, issues and crisis communications and management
- Producing District publications and news releases highlighting accomplishments, initiatives, programs, etc.
- Serving as the District’s liaison for communications with the media
- Creating content for and managing the District’s social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook and Youtube)
- Coordinating annual District events, including the Caliber Awards and the Community Involvement Awards.
- Overseeing volunteer services and the Superintendent’s Screening Programs
- Operating Broward’s only local public educational TV station, BECON-TV, WBEC-63. BECON-TV also provides a variety of additional services, including but not limited to, the District’s Distance Learning Program, video conferencing services and much more.
- Supporting schools and District departments communication needs with graphic design services for banners, flyers, brochures, flyers and more.
The Broward County Public Schools Office of Communications provides leadership in developing, implementing and communicating the District’s mission, vision and priorities among all education stakeholders. We collaborate with students, teachers, school and District administrators, parents, and the community.
As the sixth largest school district in the nation, Broward County Public Schools has 10 percent of Florida’s student population. BCPS champions educational policies that not only impact students within their District but affect students in every classroom across the state. The BCPS Legislative Affairs team, works with the U.S. Congress and Florida Legislature to boost funding and adopt policies that educate today’s students to succeed in tomorrow’s world.
The Broward County Public Schools Governmental Affairs team directs and coordinates the planning and implementation of BCPS various government affairs activities, programs, and initiatives within all the 31 Broward County Municipal Governments and the Board of County Commissioners. This team also sets strategic direction, provides integrative leadership, and recommends institutional standards of practice to ensure that all government relation efforts effectively and efficiently supports the District’s overall mission, vision, and strategic plan.