Broward Education Communications Network (BECON)
Broward Education Communications Network (BECON), is owned and operated by the Broward County School Board. Since 1966, BECON-TV has produced instructional television programming for Broward County Public Schools, educational TV stations, and private and public schools nationwide. BECON-TV delivers multimedia instructional, educational and community programming, developed with direction from curriculum specialists, into school classrooms throughout Broward.
- Science and Me is a fun series introducing basic science concepts through everyday activities and environments.
- Broward Teen News is a monthly news program featuring BCPS teen activities and accomplishments, produced by broadcast journalism students.
- School Duel is the exciting high school academic quiz show on BECON-TV. The single elimination tournament involves the top 20 schools from Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties.
Programs are broadcast on BECON-TV (WBEC-TV), an FCC-licensed station, throughout South Florida. WBEC-TV broadcasts on channels 63 on AT&T U-verse, DirecTV, DISH Network, and channel 19 on Comcast.
BECON-TV services include:
- School Board meetings and workshops: Streamed live and archived for viewing via BECON-TV Eduvision.
- Distance Learning Program: Provides video conferencing to all BCPS schools, and online courses to students who are homebound, home-schooled, or otherwise prefer a virtual method of instructional delivery.
- WKPX-FM 88.5 Program: "South Florida's Radio Alternative" is a non-commercial educational, radio station owned and operated by the Broward County Public Schools. Located at Piper High School, WKPX broadcasts using the talent of students, school days from 7:30 am to 6 pm.
- School Services: Trained and certified electronic technicians provide support to all schools and administrative sites.
- Video Production Services: Producers, directors, videographers, audio technicians, and editors provide coverage of school news, academic programs and District events highlighting the good news of Broward County Public Schools, produce ongoing television program series and other meaningful video productions for private organizations and government agencies as revenue-generating projects.
For more information, visit BECON.TV
Sports highlights Broward County Public Schools student athletics. SPORTS BLITZ Gametime covers high school athletic events, such as football games, volleyball games, cheerleading competitions and All-Star games, in their entirety. BECON
Read more on BECON Sports
BROWARD TEEN NEWS
Broward Teen News (BTN) is a
news program on BECON-TV. BTN is a show by teens for teens and is produced by a different Broward high school every month. student produced
Read more on Broward Teen News
School Duel is the exciting high school academic quiz show on BECON-TV. The single elimination tournament involves the top 20 schools from Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties.
Read more on School Duel
A library of educational programs, instructional videos and informative video segments available for viewing on demand
computers, tablets, and smartphones. to
Read more on BECON-TV Eduvision
BECONSchool Services Department consists of a team of highly skilled, trained and certified Electronic Technicians who provide direct support to all Broward County Public Schools and administrative sites. Technicians are certified by organizations such as the FCC, ETi, ASE, Bucket Truck, Tandberg, Blonder Tounge, EPSON andLG.
Read more on School Services
BECONprovides both administrative and academic resources that include K-12 TV and Video Content on Demand to enhance learning and professional development.
Read more on BCPS Teachers
BECON-TV Distance Learning provides interactive, educational programs and instructional courses to K-12 students. We offer several options for teachers to supplement instruction and enhance their student’s learning experience.
Read more on Distance Learning