Public Record Request
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employee Health Testing
Among the many resources the District has in place to address the “safety” of our students, teachers and all other District personnel is the Employee Health Testing (EHT) Program. The major components of this Program are:
- Implementation and monitoring the adherence of procedures and regulations set forth by the Department of Transportation (DOT) for District employees whose positions require them to be holders of a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Training of all District Supervisors/ Administrators to identify signs and symptoms associated with “Reasonable Suspicion”.
- Scheduling, coordinating and monitoring results for drug and alcohol testa administered to specific employees as outlined by School Board Policy 2400 (Drug-Free Workplace)..
- Training, monitoring and managing schools’ compliance with Broward’s Department of Health in regards to Bio-Medical Waste.
The Privacy Officer provides guidance and assistance in the District’s compliance with privacy laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Primary activities include:
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure the District has and maintains the appropriate privacy agreements, forms and notices and these documents reflect current organization and legal practices and requirements.
- Writing and updating privacy policies and procedures.
- Providing privacy training to staff, including employees in the Benefits Department, where HIPAA information is frequently used.
- Conducting periodic security reviews and ongoing compliance monitoring activities.
- Overseeing a privacy complaint process.
- Working collaboratively with other departments (including Broward District Schools Police) in investigations pertaining to privacy matters.