Athletics play a key role at Hollywood Hills High School. Young people learn a great deal from their participation in interscholastic athletics. Lessons in sportsmanship, teamwork, competition, and how to win and lose gracefully are an integral part of each team in our athletic program. Athletics play an important part, too, in helping the individual student develop a healthy self-concept as well as a healthy body. Athletic competition adds to our school spirit and helps all students – spectators as well as participants – develop pride in their school.
Please use our School Staff Directory to email Faculty and Staff.
- Assistant Principal over Athletics - Mrs. Ramos
- Athletic Director - Dr. Kevin Perry
- Assistant Athletic Director - Matthew Weeks
Hollywood Hills High School values the many dedicated coaches without whom these goals could not be achieved. We support coaches who want to teach the sport they love and provide their athlete's opportunities for:
- Physical, mental, and emotional growth and development
- Acquisition and development of team special skills
- Team play with the development of such traits as loyalty, cooperation, fair play, and other desirable social traits
- Directed leadership and supervision that stresses self-discipline, responsibility, self-motivation, excellence, and the ideals of good sportsmanship that makes for winning and losing graciously
Meet our community of trained, experienced and dedicated coaches. They bring a wealth of knowledge and care deeply about the success of young men and women. We honor their commitment to passionately give back their time, and thank them for their tremendous efforts and dedication to their student-athletes throughout the year!
Dr. Kevin Perry, Athletic Director
Welcome to Hollywood Hills Athletics. Coming to HHHS in 2016, I set out to begin my first year as athletic director to reflect back and celebrate our rich tradition of Spartan successes, but also to look forward to fostering an enhanced championship culture that will help today and tomorrow’s student-athletes to succeed in competition, in school, and in life.
First and foremost, it’s fitting to look back given all the celebrations surrounding the school’s 50th anniversary year. Hollywood Hills High School athletics has played a significant role in the lives of so many Hills alumni, and the trophy cases and record books serve as historical reminders of the tradition established by those that have walked the halls before us. I am fortunate to follow in the footsteps of Coach Valdez and countless others who put their student-athletes ahead of themselves in a way only true servant leaders can.
Beginning today and moving forward, it is with great confidence that I will set forth in building a world-class athletic program at Hollywood Hills High School. That’s a big goal, but one that I truly feel is achievable when I look at the infrastructure in place and the potential ahead.
As your athletic director, I aim to be a resource to all.
- For our student-athletes that means being an advocate, a listener, a teacher, and a promoter of the greatness taking place daily in our halls, courts, and fields.
- For our coaches, that means working day-in and day-out to eliminate any obstacles that would hinder our success. I understand that the coaching experience involves much more than just the knowledge of their sport. My job is to offer assistance to both new and experienced coaches in the responsibilities that go along with coaching. Included are District policies; communication recommendations; State, District, and league and school expectations; and school paperwork.
- For our parents, that means being readily available to answer questions, provide insight, and create a warm and hospitable environment for all to enjoy. Together – administration, coaches, families, and student-athletes – we can achieve greatness!
I look forward to serving you.
Boys Cross Country - TBD
Girls Cross Country - TBD
Cheerleading - Gianna Rowe
Football - Brandon Graham
Girls Volleyball - Cathy Kontsis
Boys Soccer - Mark Dieujuste
Girls Soccer - Barbara Sargent
Boys Basketball - Jay Lee
Girls Basketball - Latoya Johnson
Wrestling - Cedric Golden
Baseball - TBD
Boys Volleyball - Cathy Kontsis
Flag Football - Brandon Graham
Softball - Barbara Sargent
Boys Track - TBD
Girls Track - TBD