YMCA Plantation High School
Plantation High YMCA Offerings
- Biology - End of Course Exam Preparation involving tutoring
- Distance learning Lab - Students have supervised high speed internet access to enable them to complete
courses in Broward Virtual School, Florida Virtual School, Credit Recovery1 or online course graduation
- English Extravaganza - Students will learn how to present their own skits, monologues, plays, poems or short stories for an audience to enjoy. Student work can be entered into the Literary Fair for scholarship
- Eurythmics - Students will study the art of harmonious bodily movement especially through expressive timed movements in response to improvised music. Students will learn teamwork, collaboration, creativity, time management skills along with leadership skills.
- Feeding the World - Students will have the opportunity of researching and demonstrating ingredients as they gain interest in preparing foods from different countries around the world. Students will gain enrichment
skills such as Character Development, Mentoring, and Engineering.
- Fitness for the Soul - Fitness, health1 and wellness program that combines a variety of physical with lessons on nutrition and how to maintain proper physical/emotional/mental health.
- Lights Camera Action - Students will develop and explore the craft of acting in the YMCA summer program. While building their craft they will also build confidence and self-esteem. In turn they will use creative thinking to problem solve real world situations.
- STEM Open lab - Students will have an opportunity for individual projects in rocketry, drones, coding, robotics, CAD, 3D printing and electronics.
- Youth In Government - The YMCA's nationally recognized program that teaches youth how to write legislation and debate what they propos·e for the Florida legislature.
- 4H - Students will be empowered to become leaders. Members participate in numerous activities which help mold them to become today's and tomorrow's leaders of society: Day in Tallahasse, the annual Broward
County, community projects (Broward County Beach CleanMup, Cancer Walk, Day in the Park1 etc). Students
learn or teach each other to knit, create websites, sew, tye -dye, etc. Students gain skills to lead for a lifetime.
- Homework Assistance - Guidance/support and homework assistance.