Returning students complete online School Forms at browardschools.com/bts
New Student Registration
School registration for new students is in person at our school. Registration is important and we want to make sure you have all the resources to make registration go as smoothly as possible. When you are ready to register your child, be sure to review the Student Registration Checklist and Requirements before you arrive. The checklist will provide information on the following:
- Proof of Residence
- School Records
- Medical Exams and Records
- Evidence of Age
While we welcome you to our school, we also want to ensure the safety and security of our students. Please be prepared to present valid photo identification upon entrance.
Plantation High School also welcomes you to register online by emailing your documents to PLHRegistrar@BrowardSchools.com
Required for online registration:
- Photo ID of the registering parent
- Proof of address
- The 5 basic registration forms listed below under Basic Registration Forms, completed
Other documents may be requested by the registrar, depending on your situation.
Basic Registration Forms
Basic Registration Forms (Additional forms or documents may be required depending on individual situations)
- Registration Checklist - This form is here for your reference, but the registrar will fill out most of it. You only need to complete the areas in blue at the top, then read the second page to see which forms of proof of address you need to provide.
- Registration Form: English | Spanish | Haitian Creole | Portuguese
- To be completed and digitally signed by the parent that will be providing the proof of address. Fill completely.
- Emergency Contact Form: English | Spanish | Haitian Creole | Portuguese
- Fill completely.
- Code of Conduct Acknowledgment - Please read the Code of Conduct (click here,) then print the Code of Conduct Acknowledgment form and return it: English | Spanish.
- FERPA - Read and digitally sign at the bottom.
- Parent Guardian Consent for School Health Services (English)
Course Selection Cards
How to Provide Proof of Address
Primary proof of address as defined by Broward County Public Schools, in the registering parent’s name. Usually, this means:
- Property tax bill
- Homestead exemption
- Recent mortgage statement
- Home purchase contract
- Or Current notarized lease agreement.
You will also need to provide one of the other proofs of address accepted by Broward Schools (see page 2 of the Registration Checklist for full list).
Details on how to provide proof of address and other alternatives can be found at: https://www.browardschools.com/registermychild
- Shared Housing Form - English | Spanish | Haitian Creole | Portuguese - This is required if your main proof of address (lease/mortgage/property tax bill/homestead exemption/Deed) is not in your name. For more information on proof of residence, see Broward County's requirements here: https://www.browardschools.com/registermychild
- Reassignment Welcome Letter - For students who are not in our boundary but are eligible to register due to a reassignment.
- Affidavit of Person Acting As Parent - English | Spanish | Haitian Creole | Portuguese - For students being registered by someone other than the natural parent. Step-parents or temporary guardians, for example.
Additional Documents You May Need To Bring
- Birth Certificate or Passport - If a student has never registered in a Broward County Public School or Broward Charter before, you must provide proof of age. This usually means a birth certificate or passport.
- Transcripts - If the last school attended was not a Broward County Public School or Broward Charter School, we will need records from the last school. Transcripts or report cards will allow us to see in what classes the student should be placed. We can request records, but it may take time before we receive them from the other school. If you don't have a record at time of registration, the student may be placed in temporary classes that will change when records come in.
- Physical Exam Form - For students coming from outside of Florida, we need a record of a physical exam from within the past 12 months. If you do not have one with you, one will be required within 30 days of registration.
- Immunization Record - If you do not have an up-to-date immunization record in the Broward Schools system, one will be required within 30 days of registration.
In-person registration is available from 8:00AM to 12:00PM. Outside of those hours, you may have to wait for someone to be made available to assist with your registration. Please bring your ID, Proof of address, and any of the additional documents listed above that apply to your situation.