Support Vacancies - Employment Opportunities
Applicants seeking employment in a support position (facilities, maintenance, security/campus monitors, clerical, teacher assistant/aides, food service workers, etc.) may view current vacancies by clicking on the support vacancy links below. New vacancies are posted weekly on Mondays.
To apply for Temporary, Facilities and Maintenance vacancies, send your resume, high school diploma/GED, or college transcripts (if applicable) and any additional required documents directly to the hiring location listed on the advertisement by mail or hand delivery.
Food Service Only All Support Vacancies
Please visit: Food Service Support Vacancies
Application Process (UPDATED as of 5/23/19)
Broward County Public Schools has implemented a new web-based application system, Frontline formerly Applitrack, for campus monitor, clerical, confidential, education support professionals (ESPs) and security specialist positions. Candidates interested in campus monitor, clerical, confidential, education support professionals (ESPs) and security specialist positions must complete the on-line application and upload required documents. Candidates interested in a specific position will select the position to apply for it. Hard copy applications and resumes will no longer be accepted.
To get started, you will need to access Applitrack and select “Start an application for employment.” Located on the left side, under “Job Applicants” and then select “START”. You will complete information and create a password. Your “user id” will be the email address you enter. Your email address will be used to communicate with you.
After you complete the application, you will need to continually monitor Applitrack to review vacancies for campus monitor, clerical, confidential, education support professionals (ESPs) and security specialist vacancies.
Listed below is information and documents that will be required when you complete the on-line application. It is recommended that you have this information prior to beginning.
- Dates of college attendance and degree conferred.
- Transcripts confirming a bachelor’s degree or higher with a graduation date.*
- Former employers’/principals’ names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and dates of employment.
- Your salary for each employer
- Two (2) references*
- Professional licensure and credentials
- Current Resume
- DD Form 214-if if claiming Veteran’s Preference
- Faxed, emailed, or hand delivered applications will not be considered. All applicants are required to submit their application and required documents through the online applicant system. Incomplete applications cannot be processed. When applying for positions, it is imperative that you “submit” your request to apply for positions.
- All materials submitted become the property of the Talent Acquisition & Operations Department, will not be returned to the applicant, and are subject to the Florida Sunshine Statutes.
- You will receive an email after your application has been submitted. After you have submitted your application, you will be able to apply for specific positions. The application will only need to be completed once; however, specific positions may request additional information.
- Remember to keep your application updated. You will have access to update your information online.
All required documents must be uploaded as part of your online application process. Applicants may upload up to a 2MB file (types: doc, txt, jpg, pdf, and other common formats). When scanning a document for upload, we suggest you scan the file at 100 DPI and in black and white to reduce the file size.
- Must be up to date and include all your work experiences. Any gaps in employment must be indicated on the application in the section titled Breaks in Employment.
- Transcripts conferring degree(s) earned and credits completed. Official transcripts will be required if you are selected for the position. Your degree must be from an accredited university.
- If position does not require a college degree, you must upload at least your high school diploma
- Applicants with academic training and degrees granted outside the United States MUST submit a credential evaluation report that includes a statement of degree equivalency and a breakdown of the coursework and semester hour credits. An accredited two or four year college or university in the U.S., or a credential evaluation agency can provide this report. A partial list of approved agencies is found at www.naces.org.
- Current SBBC employees do not need to submit official transcripts if highest degree is documented in the BRITE System/SAP.
- Special certifications (such as First Aid/CPR), professional licenses (such as Educator Certifications, Registered Nurse, Architect), etc.
Two Employment References
- References must be from a person who can assess your ability as an administrator or attest to your work ethic and character. After your application is reviewed, additional references may be requested. References should be completed on the organization’s letterhead and must include the name, signature, and contact information for the person completing the reference as well as the date the reference was completed.
- If you are recommended for a position, a reference from your most current supervisor will be required.
We are continuously hiring for Transportation Workers, Interpreters for Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Sub Food Service, Sub Facilities Servicepersons, and Temporary Clerical Workers. For more information on applying for these positions, click on the corresponding links below.
- Bus Operators and Bus Attendants - Transportation
- Educational Interpreters for Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Sub Facilities Serviceperson
- Sub Food Service
- Temporary Clerical Pool
BCPS offers a very robust
employee health and insurance benefits package,
paying 100% for employee only healthcare.
To learn more about employee benefits click here.
Foreign Educated Applicants
Applicants with academic training and degrees granted outside the United States MUST submit a credential evaluation report that includes a statement of degree equivalency and a breakdown of the coursework and semester hour credits. Any academic training, diploma, or degree granted from Puerto Rico must be translated to English. An accredited two or four year college or university in the U.S., or a credential evaluation agency can provide this report. View a list of approved agencies.
All materials submitted become the property of the Talent Acquisition & Operations Department, will not be returned to the applicant, and are subject to the Florida Sunshine Statutes.
Per Florida Statute 119.071(5), this is to notify you of the purpose for collecting and utilizing your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is a condition of employment at Broward County Public Schools. To protect your identification, Broward County Public Schools will secure your Social Security Number from unauthorized access, and strictly prohibit the release of your Social Security Number to unauthorized parties contrary to state and federal law.
Social Security numbers are collected for legitimate business purposes during the recruitment, selection and hiring process with Broward County Public Schools. Your Social Security Number will be used for completing and processing the following actions: Employment application for determining certification eligibility [1012.56 F.S.], Completion of federal I-9 form for the filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Completion of federal W-4 form for filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Florida Retirement Contribution Report [119.07(5)(a)6.b], and Conducting criminal background screening [1012.56 F.S.]. Your Social Security Number may be used as a unique numeric identification within some of our systems and may be used for search purposes.