School Food Service Substitute Worker (Sub Food Service)
Applicants interested in Substitute Food Service positions may apply in person by visiting the Employment Center at 600 Southeast Third Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 between the hours of 8am - 4:30pm.
New Procedure for Fingerprinting
All newly hired candidates must undergo a security background check. You will be required to register online for an appointment for fingerprinting within 24 hours once you have completed your employment paperwork in the Employment Center. Registration information for fingerprinting will be provided at that time.
Requirements Needed for Processing
- State issued driver's license, state issued photo ID, Permanent Resident Card, U.S. Passport
- Original signed social security card with correct name
- Original Work Authorization Documents (Resident Card or Work Permit), if applicable
- Savings/Checking account information for mandatory direct deposit: account and routing number or voided check preferred
All Applicants Must Mee the Following Criteria
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred but not mandatory)
- Good general health
- Assist in preparing and serving meals, as well as cleaning responsibilities
- Must have the ability to follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Professional uniforms in black: collard shirt, pants are to be full length, skirt or split skirt (hemlines must be to the knee or below)
- Shoes: black, flat, closed-toe and rubbers soled
- Must wear hair net
- No jewelry, false eyelashes, fingernail polish or acrylic nails may be worn
If you are interested in a permanent position with Food Service, click here to view current support vacancies in Food Service.
For additional questions regarding items needed for processing, contact the Employment Center at 754-321-2369.
Foreign Educated Applicants
Applicants with academic training and degrees granted outside the United States MUST submit a credential evaluation report that includes a statement of degree equivalency and a breakdown of the coursework and semester hour credits. Any academic training, diploma, or degree granted from Puerto Rico must be translated to English. An accredited two or four year college or university in the U.S., or a credential evaluation agency can provide this report. View a list of approved agencies.
All materials submitted become the property of the Talent Acquisition & Operations Department, will not be returned to the applicant, and are subject to the Florida Sunshine Statutes.
Per Florida Statute 119.071(5), this is to notify you of the purpose for collecting and utilizing your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is a condition of employment at Broward County Public Schools. To protect your identification, Broward County Public Schools will secure your Social Security Number from unauthorized access, and strictly prohibit the release of your Social Security Number to unauthorized parties contrary to state and federal law.
Social Security numbers are collected for legitimate business purposes during the recruitment, selection and hiring process with Broward County Public Schools. Your Social Security Number will be used for completing and processing the following actions: Employment application for determining certification eligibility [1012.56 F.S.], Completion of federal I-9 form for the filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Completion of federal W-4 form for filing and issuance of federal employment forms [8 USC 1324a(b)], Florida Retirement Contribution Report [119.07(5)(a)6.b], and Conducting criminal background screening [1012.56 F.S.]. Your Social Security Number may be used as a unique numeric identification within some of our systems and may be used for search purposes.