Head Start/Early Intervention
(Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print PDF)
Our Office is Working Remotely - Please Click Here for Help
- For assistance, questions, or concerns regarding Head Start, Early Head Start or VPK, please email our office.
- For technical assistance with Canvas, please call 754-321-0569.
- If you applied for our 2020-2021 Head Start/Early Head Start program and completed an interview, please log in to our Head Start Parent Portal to check your status.
- For information about our 2021-2022 Head Start/Early Head Start program, please see the “Announcements” section below.”
- If you applied for our 2020-2021 BCPS VPK program, please log in to our VPK Parent Portal to check your status.
- For information about our 2021-2022 BCPS VPK program, please see the “Announcements” section below.”
- For more information and updates from BCPS, please visit www.browardschools.com/learningnevercloses.
- For Early Childhood eLearning resources for parents, please visit www.browardschools.com/earlychildhood.
*2021-2022 BCPS VPK Application Coming Soon!
*The 2021-2022 BCPS VPK application process will take place online. However, the application is not yet open. Please check this site frequently for updates.
To speed up your upcoming 2021-2022 BCPS application, parents should apply online for their child’s VPK Certificate of Eligibility via the State of Florida – Family Portal.
*2021-2022 Head Start/Early Head Start Application Coming Soon!!
*The 2021-2022 BCPS Head Start/Early Head Start application process will take place online. Application interviews will be conducted virtually via Zoom. Please click on the link below to schedule your appointment via Zoom. Please continue to check this site for updates.
2021-2022 BCPS Head Start/Early Head Start Appointments via Zoom (coming soon)
*Click on this link to download Zoom https://zoom.us/download
2020-2021 Head Start/Early Head Start Application Open Now!
- To apply for our Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) Head Start/Early Head Start program for the 2020-2021 school year, please click here.
- If you applied for our program and completed an interview, please click here to check your status.
- 20-21 Head Start/Early Head Start Schools
- 20-21 Map of Head Start Schools
- Head Start/Early Head Start School Registration Form (selected students only*) English|Spanish| Haitian/Creole| Portuguese
2020-2021 BCPS VPK Application Open Now!
To apply for a Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) VPK program for the 2020-2021 school year, please do the following:
Step 1. Apply for your child’s VPK Certificate of Eligibility online via the State of Florida - Family Portal website.
Step 2. Create an account on the 2020-2021 BCPS – VPK Parent Portal and create your child’s BCPS – VPK application.
Step 3. Log back into the 2020 – 2021 BCPS – VPK Parent Portal to check the status of your application and see any needed documents or next steps.
For additional information, please see our BCPS - VPK Frequently Asked Questions.
2020-2021 VPK Application Flyers:
eLearning Resources for Parents
For Early Childhoold online learning resources for parents, please visit www.browardschools.com/earlychildhood.
2020-2021 Application Information
Application for the Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) HS/EHS program for the 2020-2021 school year is NOW OPEN!
See the “Announcements” section above for information about the 2021 – 2022 Head Start/Early Head Start Application
Application for the Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) VPK program for the 2020-2021 school year is NOW OPEN!
See the “Announcements” section above for information about the 2021 – 2022 BCPS VPK/Enrichment Application
Important Information about Entering Kindergarten after Head Start/Early Head Start & Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK)
Selection for a Head Start/Early Head Start & VPK/Enrichment program at a school does not guarantee placement for Kindergarten at the same school. If your child is selected or offered a seat in a Head Start/Early Head Start & VPK/Enrichment class that is not your boundary school, you must apply for and receive a reassignment in order for your child to attend Kindergarten at the same school. To learn about the reassignment process, please visit the School Choice website.
- Head Start children must be 3-or 4-years-old on or before September 1st of the current year.
- Family income must be at or below the 2019 US Department of Health & Human Services Poverty Guidelines to qualify for the program.
- Applications must be completed by the parent/guardian ONLY.
Children with disabilities, homeless and Foster Care children, who meet all other requirements, are encouraged to apply.
Documents Needed To Apply
- Proof of age (child’s ORIGINAL birth certificate or passport)
- Proof of guardianship, if applicable
- Parent/guardian photo identification
- Proof of Broward County residence (domicile)
- Proof of ALL HOUSEHOLD INCOME FOR PREVIOUS CALENDAR YEAR OR PAST 12 MONTHS
Examples of acceptable income documentation for each family member
- Pay stubs with year-to-date income for
fullyear (previous year)
- W-2 Forms for
fullyear (previous year)
- Income Tax Form 1040 (previous year)
- Unemployment Compensation Records
- Public Assistance records (TANF, W.A.G.E.S.) with amounts and dates received
Notarizedwritten statement from employer
- Retirement benefits records
- Supplemental Security Income records (SSI) Award Letter
- Social Security Benefits (SSA) Award Letter
- Veterans benefits records
- Child Support/Alimony records
- Worker’s Compensation records
- Military allotment records
- Training stipends
- Grants, fellowships, scholarships
Please be aware of the following: Broward County Head Start/Early Head Start has a limited number of available slots and applying does not guarantee that your child will be enrolled. Enrollment is based on eligibility and the needs of the child/family. To be accepted, your child needs to meet the age and income requirements. Please read these guidelines before starting the online application. 2019 Federal Poverty Guidelines (coming soon). For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 754-321-1961.