Welcome to the Exceptional Student Learning Support Website
Directions to complete the FDLRS Child Find Referral Form
- Click on the form below to download the form to your computer.
- Complete the form.
- Click on submit form button to send form to email@example.com
NOTE: If submit form button does not work, email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org OR fax form to 754-321-7217.
NOTE: If you need to contact Child Find, you may do so by sending an email to: email@example.com OR fax form to 754-321-7217.
Broward County Public Schools serve over 32,000 students with disabilities and offers a free and appropriate public education in compliance with the federally mandated IDEA. A continuum of services and programs are available to meet the individual needs of students eligible for special education and related services, ages 3 through 22. This continuum of services may be provided in a variety of settings, which include general education classrooms, resource rooms, specialized day schools, and hospital homebound. Eligible students are provided supports and/or services as per their Individual Education Plan (IEP) that are based on each child’s unique needs, as related to their present levels of academic achievement and functional performance.
Exceptional Student Learning Support Division staff provides professional learning opportunities and instructional programming to facilitate high quality instruction for students with disabilities. Supplemental services are provided in collaboration with discretionary projects such as Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System/Florida Inclusion Network and the Multiagency Network for Students with Emotional/Behavioral Disabilities (SEDNET).
2019 Disability History and
- Disability Etiquette 101 (PDF)
- Disability History and Awareness: A Resource Guide 2010 (PDF)
- Disability Awareness Through Language Arts and Literacy - Resources for Prekindergarten and Elementary School (PDF)
- Disability Awareness Through English and Language Arts: Resources for Middle School and High School (PDF)