Broward Education Communications Network (BECON)
BECON-TV, the Broward Education Communications Network, is owned and operated by the Broward County School Board. Since 1966, BECON has produced instructional television programming for Broward County Public Schools, educational TV stations, and private and public schools nationwide.
BECON delivers multimedia instructional, educational and community programming, developed with direction from curriculum specialists, into school classrooms throughout Broward.
- Broward Teen News, a monthly news program featuring BCPS teen activities and accomplishments, produced by broadcast journalism students.
- Science and Me, a fun series introducing basic science concepts through everyday activities and environments.
- Broward School Beat, showcasing innovative programs and events throughout the District.
Programs are broadcast on BECON-TV (WBEC-TV), an FCC-licensed station, throughout South Florida. WBEC-TV broadcasts on channels 63 on AT&T U-verse, DirecTV, DISH Network, and channel 19 on Comcast.
BECON services include:
- School Board meetings and workshops: Streamed live and archived for viewing via BECON On Demand.
- Distance Learning Program: Provides video conferencing to all BCPS schools, and online courses to students who are homebound, home-schooled, or otherwise prefer a virtual method of instructional delivery.
- School Services Department: Trained and certified electronic technicians provide support to all schools and administrative sites.
For more information, visit becon.tv.
BECON Sports highlights Broward County Public Schools student athletics. SPORTS BLITZ Gametime covers high school athletic events, such as football games, volleyball games , cheerleading competitions and All-Star games, in their entirety. Read more on BECON Sports.
School Duel is the exciting high school academic quiz show on BECON-TV. The single elimination tournament involves the top 20 schools from Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties. Read more on School Duel.
BROWARD TEEN NEWS
Broward Teen News (BTN) is a
student producednews program on BECON-TV. BTN is a show by teens for teens,and is produced by a different Broward high school every month. Read more on Broward Teen News.
BECON ON DEMAND
A library of educational programs, instructional videos and informative video segments available for viewing on demand
computers, tablets, and smartphones. Read more on BECON On Demand. to
BECON School Services Department consists of a team of highly skilled, trained and certified Electronic Technicians who provide direct support to all Broward County Public Schools and administrative sites. Technicians are certified by organizations such as the FCC, ETi, ASE, Bucket Truck, Tandberg, Blonder Tounge, EPSON and LG. Read More on School Services.
BECON provides both administrative and academic resources that include K-12 TV and Video Content on Demand to enhance learning and professional development. Read More on BCPS Teachers.