Report an Absence
Each parent/guardian of a child within compulsory attendance age is responsible for their child's school attendance. When a child must be absent, the parent must report the reason for absence to the school's Attendance Manager.
To report the reason for your child's absence, the District offers three options:
Option 1: Online Absence Form
Click on the "CONTACT" link in the top navigation bar of the school's website. Then select the "Report Absence Online" link to complete the online form.
A copy of the form will go to the school's Attendance Manager and to the custodial parent(s). (Make sure your contact information is up-to-date with the school.)
Option 2: Attendance Hotline
Locate the Attendance Hotline phone number on the “Report an Absence” page.
Call the School’s Attendance Hotline number.
Leave a detailed message that includes the student’s name, student ID or birthdate, grade level, reason for absence(s) and date(s) of absence(s).
You can check the status of your child’s attendance report via Pinnacle 24-48 hours after reporting it to the school’s Attendance Manager.
Option 3: Note for the Attendance Manager
A written note can be delivered to the Attendance Manager to excuse an absence. Check with the school's main office for delivery information. Include the following information on the note:
1. Student's first and last name
2. Student ID or birth date
3. Grade level (include the teacher's name for elementary students)
4. Date(s) of absence
5. Reason for absence
6. Parent first and last name
7. Parent contact information
* Parent includes either or both parents of a student, any guardian of a student, any person in a parental relationship to a student, or any person exercising supervisory authority over a student in place of a parent.
Approved Reasons for Excused Absences from Policy 5.5 (Attendance)
Parents should report the reason for an absence within two school days. If requested by the school, the parent must provide documentation of an illness from a licensed health care practitioner.
Students must be in school unless the absence has been permitted or excused for one of the reasons listed below:
1. Illness of student (Physical or Mental Health)
2. Illness of an immediate family member
3. Death in the family
4. Religious holiday
5. Required court appearance or subpoena
6. Special event
7. Scheduled medical or dental appointment
8. Student has a communicable disease
Students on field trips, attending alternative to suspension programs, or in internal suspension programs are not considered absent.
Links to the Attendance Policy
Pompano Beach High Attendance Line
600 NE 13TH AVENUE
POMPANO BEACH, Florida 33060