(Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print PDF)
Coral Springs High School Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
ARTICLE I. NAME
The name of this organization shall be the CORAL SPRINGS HIGH Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA).
ARTICLE II. PURPOSE
The primary objectives of the Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) shall be to develop leadership and technical skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition.
The Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) shall be a link between the school, the students and the local community and will serve as a means for participatory inclusion and educational enhancement through which the various stakeholders in the school community may assist the school and the school may assist the community. The stakeholders are parents, business people, students, other community representatives, professional educators, and other school staff. The Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) shall be a resource to the school and school principal. Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) functions shall include:
- To enhance the health science education of the total student body
- To promote physical and mental well-being; career opportunities in health care
- To teach leadership and technical skill competencies
- To provide realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field
- To develop the ability to communicate effectively with people and an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world
The actions and activities of Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) will be in accordance with Florida State Statutes, Broward County School Board Policy, and Coral Springs High School Procedures
ARTICLE III. MEMBERSHIP
The Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) shall be representative of the ethnic diversity of the school’s student population. All efforts should be made to meet this goal. All member students must be registered and attending Coral Springs High School.
All qualified students are invited to attend this organization’s meetings as non-voting participants without regard to membership of the organization
Section 1. Voting: When a consensus cannot be reached, a vote of the membership will be taken. All members of the organization shall have one vote each. A voting member must be present to vote.
Section 2. Term of Membership: Members of this organization should attend this organization’s meetings on a regular basis. Membership may be obtained upon the third consecutive attendance of properly noticed meetings. A member may be removed from membership after two (2) unexcused consecutive absences from properly noticed meetings.
Section 3. Length of Membership: Sponsors will certify membership at the last meeting of each school year.
ARTICLE IV. OFFICERS
Section 1. Officers of this organization will consist of a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Service Hour Coordinator, Historian, and ICC Representative.
Section 2. The officers shall be elected annually from the membership in good standing at the first Monday of May meeting.
Section 3: Installation of new officers will be held at the first Monday of May meeting of the school year.
Section 4: If for any reason, an officer is unable to complete the term of office, a new election will be held at the next meeting.
Section 5. Nominating Committee:
- There shall be a nominating committee composed of three members who shall be elected by this organization at a regular meeting. The committee shall consist of at least one, but not more than two, of current elected officers and the remainder from the general membership.
- The nominating committee will present a slate of candidates for each office at which time nominations from the floor will be taken.
ARTICLE V: DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS
- The Chairperson Mable Bailey shall preside at all meetings of this organization and will be an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee. The Chairperson Mable Bailey will prepare an agenda at least 7 days in advance for all meetings. A copy of the agenda shall be provided to anyone who requests it. The Chairperson will represent this organization at District meetings and/or workshops and/or may choose a designee to attend as necessary.
- The duties of the Co-Chairperson Nicole Ramos shall be to represent the Chairperson Mable Bailey in his/her assigned duties, and to substitute Nicole Ramos for the Chairperson Mable Bailey during his/her absence, and to perform such other duties as may be assigned to him/her by the Chairperson Mable Bailey.
- The Secretary shall be responsible for all correspondence and notices of meetings. The Secretary shall keep the minutes of all meetings and assure that copies of the minutes are distributed in a timely manner to members. Minutes will be made available to any stakeholder who requests them. The Secretary will keep an accurate record of attendance at all meetings as well as a current roster of all stakeholders.
- The Treasurer shall be responsible for recording all transactions regarding funds earned and paid. The Treasurer shall keep written records of all transactions and made available at all official meetings and as requested. (Note: The Club Sponsor is ultimately accountable and responsible for all financial transactions regarding the club).
ARTICLE VI. MEETINGS
The Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) shall meet regularly and the schedule of meetings for the year will be determined and published in May for the current school year. This organization will meet once per calendar month at a minimum.
Section 1. Guests: All meetings are open to guests with prior administrative approval. Guests must sign in at the front office and under escort by an organization member. Guests must be in the presence of the sponsor at all times. Guests may not vote on this organization’s issues.
Section 2. Attendance of members will be kept for all meetings. The Secretary or a designee will take attendance. Attendance records will be sent to the Assistant Principal for Activities.
Section 3. Minutes of all meetings will be recorded by the Secretary or a designee. Minutes will be sent to the Assistant Principal for Activities, kept on file at the school and posted for public view. Minutes of the previous meeting will be approved at the next meeting, with any additions or corrections noted.
Minutes will reflect all motions (including: maker of the motion, person seconding and the results of the vote) and any decisions reached by consensus.
Section 4. Special meetings may be called by the Chairperson or by notice of any three (3) members in writing to the Chairperson.
Section 5. All scheduled meetings, meeting times, and places will be announced at least one week in advance. Any matter that is scheduled to come before the organization for a vote requires at least 3 days advance written notice to all members. Members must be advised of a change in the established date, time or location. All special meetings will require notification.
Section 6. Meetings will be scheduled at times and locations convenient for all stakeholders (parents, students, teachers, business persons, and members of the community).
Section 7. A quorum is the minimum number of members who must be present at a meeting for business to be conducted and for voting to take place. A majority of the membership of the organization (50% plus 1) constitutes a quorum.
Section 8. Meetings will follow the approved agenda. Each item on the agenda will be discussed to the satisfaction of the members present. Meeting discussions will be restricted to those topics on the agenda. Other matters will be deferred to another meeting, or to the Assistant Principal for Activities
Section 9. Voting will be by roll call. Official votes will become part of the minutes. Alternates and proxy votes are not permitted.
ARTICLE VII. COMMITTEES
- The Chairperson Mable Bailey shall create such committees as may be required to promote the objectives of the organization.
- Committees may include other stakeholders, with Sponsor approval, not belonging to this particular organization.
- The Chairperson Mable Bailey is an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee.
- All committees shall bring recommendations to the membership for consensus at the monthly organization meeting.
ARTICLE VIII. SPONSORS
- School Board Policy requires each student club or activity have a Board approved employee SPONSOR.
- The Sponsor is responsible for training and supervising the students in the conduct of their activities.
- The sponsor will ensure all monies and records related to the activities are properly controlled, receipted and deposited in the internal funds.
- The sponsor is responsible for the preparation of any required financial reports.
ARTICLE IX. TRAINING AND ACTIVITIES
- Members will have opportunities to engage in training activities and workshops to build the team, orient new members, develop skills, and gain a better understanding as to their roles in the purpose of the organization.
- All members of this organization will take an active role in developing, implementing, and evaluating the organizations purpose and associated activities.
- This organization and its officers will follow all School procedures, District policies, state rules, and state statutes in conducting its business.
ARTICLE X. AMENDMENTS
- Club Bylaws and procedures must conform with the State of Florida statutes and the policies of the School Board of Broward County, Florida.
- Amendments to the bylaws will be approved by a majority of the organization’s members. Bylaws will be reviewed and ratified annually.
- Upon ratification, a copy of the annual bylaws will be forwarded to the Assistant Principal for Activities
Article XI. Signatures
The Sponsor of the CORAL SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) is Mable Bailey.
The Officers of the CORAL SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) for the 2018-2019 School Year are as follows:
- President Brandon Nguyen 9/13/18
- Vice President Nia Goodall 9/13/18
- Treasurer Adrianna Gutierrez 9/13/18
- Secretary Melody Arevclo 9/13/18
- Service Hour Coordinator Deena Ali 9/13/18
- Historian Sage Hernandez 9/13/18
- ICC Representative Khang Doan 9/13/18
_______ _ 9/13/18___
Sponsor Signature Date