Innovative Learning Commons Aka Library Media Center
The Innovative Learning Commons aka media center is committed to providing an inviting, dynamic learning environment with services that support and enhance teaching and literacy.
The activity learning space is a welcoming and positive environment that promotes information and digital literacy to ensure that students and staff are effective and ethical users of ideas, information, and technology.
The Learning Commons promotes an appreciation for literature with the goal of developing lifelong readers, collaborative learners, and critical thinkers to better prepare students for an ever-changing diverse world.
The Media Center Quick Links provide access to research databases, the school’s Destiny library search, eBooks, Audio books, Broward County Library’s Axis 360 collection and the media center Canvas page.
The Learning Commons opens at 7:25am and stays open throughout the school day. Students can visit the center with their classes, with a signed pass from a teacher during class time or during student lunches. The center closes at 2:45pm. Many clubs and organizations use the center for meetings and screenings after school.
The center does stay open after school for 45 mins every other Tuesday beginning 8/23/22, during the chess and board games club meetings. Students are welcome to use the Learning Commons resources during club meetings.
If you love to read and help children, then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- to assist with the book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Specialist. Before volunteering, you must complete the online application. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time. Books may be checked out for one week and may be renewed two times.
- Two books may be checked out at a time for 2nd to 5th grade. K and 1st may check out one book at a time.
- Use whisper voices.
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest of maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.
Ms. Maggio, Media Specialist
Ms. Loudermilk, Media Clerk
600 Bldg, 2nd Floor
7:20 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.